“Delightful!”

3rd Street Nest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lamar B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I spent a night at the 3rd Street Nest a couple of weeks ago while on a road trip. This is the best place to stay I've ever found in Southeast Colorado, and I'm very grateful to the friend who told me about it. The proprietor is friendly and efficient, and my room was clean and equipped with everything I could have needed or expected - including a small fridge, TV, iron, and even a tray with a freshly baked pastry. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was huge and also well-equipped, with both a deep clawfoot tub and a separate shower. There was even a fluffy white bathrobe for my use.

The house is charming, clean and welcoming. The kitchen is modern and comfortable. I stayed on a weeknight, and was free to help myself to various goodies for breakfast, including a fresh pot of coffee that was all set to brew when I hit the button.

I enjoyed a great night's sleep in my room at the Nest after a tiring day on the road. Although I didn't expect to say this, on my next road trip in that direction I may build in some extra time to stay in Lamar - but ONLY if I can book another stay at the Nest!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Toofargone

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband, 6 month old daughter, and I were just passing through Lamar and found this place online. The woman who runs it is very nice and even offered us a pack and playard for our daughter. Rooms are so clean and spacious. Tub was wonderful. I slept better than I have in months! Breakfast was amazing and the owner held my baby so my husband and I could eat. 15 out of 10 stars!

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank TheDavenports
Reviewed May 7, 2012

An amazing little gem of a B&B. Jane realy makes you feel right at home - from the wonderful breakfasts to the spotlessly clean rooms.
A 10 minute stroll and you are at the train depot, cafes, book shop and well, just about anywhere you want to be in Lamar!
Sit out on the front porch with the paper and cup of fresh coffee or relax in the jet tub....it's alllll good at the 3rd Street Nest B&B in Lamar, Colorado.

Room Tip: Both are perfect! One upstairs, one down if that makes a difference.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Dean H
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I’ve stayed off and on the last 6 months at this delightful bed & breakfast in both the lovely Garden Room and Lavendar n Lace suite. I enjoyed my stays here immensely -Jane is so accommodating, and serves the most amazing breakfasts and yummy evening snacks. I can’t say enough about what a wonderful host she is- this is your home away from home. This B&B experience comes most highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank journeyOne07
hosess, Owner at 3rd Street Nest Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and hope to see you again in the future! You were a delight to have!

Jane

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were going to a wedding. The wedding rate was $80 at Holiday Inn. They told us we were past the deadline for the wedding rate and wanted $130. We searched the internet and found this B&B for $75.

The old victorian house was immaculately decorated. It was completely updated and modern. We stayed in a suite with a queen size super confortable bed. There was a whirlpool tub. Breakfast was frenchtoast that must have had camalized sugar on the edges and was served with her own lemmon syrup.

Somebody at the wedding said they stayed there on their wedding night. It was that nice. It was hard not to rub it in to other wedding attendees that we paid less for total luxury when we saw them the next morning with their gas station coffeee cups.

• Stayed: November 2011
5  Thank Chris G
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had a restful and relaxing stay at the 3rd Street Nest Bed & Breakfast. The Lavendar n Lace Suite was beautiful and very comfortable. We were treated to homemade banana bread and soft drinks when we arrived. The next morning our breakfast was truly outstanding and we thoroughly enjoyed getting acquainted with Jane and appreciated visiting with her. We highly recommend the B&B - it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KsKids
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I were on our way to a romantic getaway and the 3rd Street Nest B&B was our first stop. What a fanatastic start to a wonderful trip! This was our first time at a B&B and Jane's hospitality has won our hearts. She made us feel so welcome and the accommodations at the Nest were out of this world. And I could never possibly say enough about how great that breakfast was. This woman can cook. :-) My husband and I will definitely be back if ever we're in the area again. Thank you Jane.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple