“Ho-Hum... nothing special- can't believe someone classified this as a 3 star!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Southwest Lakewood
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My biggest disappointment is that hotwire classified it as a 3 star and it is by far the lowest 3 star I have seen. The pool was VERY warm- but the pool area was dominated by some yahoo hillbillies in their 20's tossing each other into the pool swearing all the time. When we checked in there was a kid cruising around the lobby with a luggage cart trying to make the automatic doors open. The Front desk attendant just ignored him. He then asked me if he could take my bags to my room- as if he was working there.
The breakfast was ok- the rooms was allright.

This was a pretty good 2 star hotel- more along the lines of a super 8 or days inn, but not equal to a 3 star like a wingate or raddison.

Oh yeah-- there is no wireless high speed in the roms. You need to plug in- which did not work. The front desk told me to call the internet tech support which did nothing but say "someone may call you in the next little while to help you". Noone did and I was stuck without.

The beds weren't comfortable and the air conditioning unit was SO LOUD that I was up at 4am, unable to get back to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Southwest Lakewood

Reviewed June 2, 2009

My family came to Colorado to get away from Minnesota. Everything was great until we spend the night at La Quinta Inn in LAKEWOOD, COLORADO. The morning after somebody decided to steal our wheel/rim, tire and lug nuts from our van. If you stay at this hotel be careful and park at the front of the building.

1  Thank artdbiker
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I am pretty sure this hotel is the one we were at in Denver, Colorado. We (1 adult and 1 teenager) stayed for 2 nights for easy access to Red Rocks for a concert. It is well located for Red Rocks (unfortunately the concert was cancelled but there we are...) and a good location generally. We had a nice big room with 2 comfortable queen beds. The complimentary breakfast in the lobby area was adequate.
Good fitness centre with bikes, rowing machine and weights. Lovely outdoor pool area. pool big enough to swim in properly and plenty of sun loungers.
Our room was next to the highway but the noise did not bother us.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Our room was right next to the elevator, so we only had the noise of people getting on and off the elevator at night. Otherwise the room was quiet.
The room appeared to be kept clean-the bathroom was near spotless. My main problem was that something in the room really aggravated my allergies. What exactly, I don't know. But all of my symptoms would get better when I got outside. I think it might have been time to change their air filter, as I'm not allergic to pets or any other usual indoor aggravator. This was the only reason I gave it three stars.
We checked in late on a Friday night, and the lady at the front desk was very courteous and friendly.
I would definitely stay there again, this time equipped with plenty of benedryl.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Arrived after a long drive from central Utah but were tired and wanted to get settled. Unknown to us, as repeat customers, we were tagged for a quick check-in. The staff was also very helpful when I had mistakenly ordered a room without the refrigerator and microwave. They found the right type of room and we moved in.

We stayed at this motel last year and this year for a week each time. The room was kept clean. Noise was minimal for hall traffic and for upstairs neighbors. The A/C was easy to use. The only downside was the internet connection. They were fixing it last year and also this time. We were able to connect with wireless, however.

Breakfast was the usual fare but the room was large enough so there were tables available for the crowd. Oh, yes, the La Quinta is much more economic (cheaper) than the surrounding motels and compares very favorably with the ones where we have stayed at 30% more in past visits.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Overall we enjoyed staying here. As another review states they had very spacious rooms. Would liked room on pool side not freeway side. Pool is beautiful however was dirty when we were there. The carpet could be cleaned or tour out. For such a new place they could do better upgrades. Convienant location to restaurants. No wireless access so bring a cable!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2005

Goes for real cheap on priceline and is a great hotel. Much nicer than regular LaQuinta's. Location is good, staff was great, room was perfect. Will stay here again for sure.

Stayed: January 2005