“Great Pet Friendly Hotel!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Southwest Lakewood
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I've stayed at this La Quinta several times over the years with my dogs. La Quinta's are always super pet friendly, clean and the staff is great. Always my go to place to stay when I'm traveling with my dogs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Southwest Lakewood

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here as we had a concert to go to at Red Rocks and wanted somewhere close by. We had a lot of options to choose from in this area and all are around the same price so in the end it came down to the reviews on sites like this. I have to say, the room was good, the people were polite all the time and breakfast in the morning filled the whole in our bellies(nothing fancy, but nice enough, just like most days at home i guess). Denver is such a beautiful city and if you are wondering about going, don't hesitate and make time to take a drive through the mountains to the south and maybe stop at an awesome little town about 2.5 hours away called Salida, it's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice now. The hotel is very clean, even the carpet in the "pet friendly" rooms. The staff is friendly and warm, the breakfast is nicely done, and there is ample walking around the property. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2014

our family used to stay here a lot but it has been about 7 years. We moved from the area and returned for a visit in April. It was refurbished as referenced but we had problems. First room the layout was not what we could enjoy, felt cramped so we moved to another. This room was very dirty, and I mean very. We would have left but we were tired, and had immediate plans, so I cleaned everywhere myself. Management did send maintenance to clean the carpets. During our stay, there was one elevator out making us walk a long way to the desk, breakfast and laundry. After third night we did move to another hotel.
For $100 a night for just a room, the difficulties, a breakfast that was not good compared to other chains, and an uncomfortable bed, we feel our "one time favorite" in Lakewood, is, no more. Also, I told mgmt. about the dirty room and that I took pictures so he could see what I was talking about, but he didn't call me or ask me to email them. I did this because I do think they care and felt it would sincerely help the staff...not because I am overly grouchy:) I feel some sort of credit on our bill would have been fair and if he had seen the pictures he probably would have offered something, even a thank you.
I know this is lengthy-I rely on reviews so I hope this helps. This area is ok if you need to be in that part of town; it's easy to get on and off the freeway. If you're caught one night with no car or food, they do have a few items near the front desk but prepare to pay premium for it. $8 for small frozen entree, but if u need dinner it's nice.
If you have a need to shop, there's a Walmart close enough and a Kohls. Village inn restaurant has great pies just like they did when we lived there so ask for directions if your sweet tooth is happening!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on other side of freeway and top floor. King deluxe rooms have the bed which does not...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KBB123
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Typical LaQuinta accomodations with a hearty breakfast available with your stay. Staff was very friendly and hospitable. Parking was not a hassle as it tends to be closer to Denver International Airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is in a very good location with stores, dining, and outdoor activity all close by. I was there for business and access to the highway and ease of getting around was a huge plus. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Overall the stay was a good experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights over memorial weekend. The staff here is the best ever! Heidi at the front desk is always super friendly and helpful. The elevator got stuck while we were in it and the maintenance guy Angel came to the rescue and got us out. He was awesome. Desiree at the front desk was very friendly as well, comped our room because of the elevator issue. All the employees are amazing!

Rooms were always clean and cozy. Breakfast is really good. The pool was fairly warm and really clean.

Definitely staying here again.

Stayed: May 2014