“Stayed for bussiness”

Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great Hotel, good breakfast. They had cookies every evening and even provided free bagged lunches if you needed them. Only an outdoor pool, but fitness center looked nice. Walking distance to a lot of resturants

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about your stay at our location. We are happy to host quite a few business and government travelers here at our Hampton Inn. I am happy to hear you had a successful stay with us! We do find the cookies in the evening to be a "homey" touch when business takes you out of town. The bags we provide at the front desk are called "Breakfast On-The-Go" and are something all Hampton Inn's provide Monday through Fridays. Whether you do not have time to stop and enjoy our hot breakfast, or you would like a snack for later, these bags are available complimentary to all of our guests! We have so many great restaurants in the area there are no shortage of good places to eat while you are here. I'm glad you were able to try some of them! We hope to see you again if you are every back in Lakewood, Colorado!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I really enjoyed my brief stay at this Hampton Inn. The room was great and the bed very comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The only down side was they only have an outdoor pool, which wasn't available at this time of year.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good day! I am just thrilled to hear about your experience with us and our staff here at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center. Our staff takes pride in our Hampton Inn and strive to provide the best experience for our guests, as if they were guests in our own homes. I am glad to hear you found the bed so comfy as well. That is due to the famous Hampton Inn Cloud Nine Bedding. Isn't it delightful! I am sorry to hear you did not get to enjoy our outdoor pool while you were here. While it is only open during the summer it is great fun while it is open. We hope you will be able to return one day to experience it! Thank you for taking the time to comment on our staff and our Hampton Inn. We appreciate the response!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

During our stay the staff was very helpful. They gave us information on several places of worship in the area. They supplied driving directions to several of our destinations during our vacation. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, there was different meal options each morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Lakewood, Colorado. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast! We do try to change the menu around to keep our guests interested, and I am glad you liked it! I am very happy to hear our staff was able to help you find services in our area for you to attend. We take pride in our hotel and hope all of our guests enjoy a stay like yours! Have a great day and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We originally stayed here due to its proximity to family. We appreciated the quality and value, so returned to the hotel for this year's visit. We found it once again to be comfortable, convenient, clean and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response folks! Visiting family is so important and it is nice to know you have somewhere to stay while you are away from home. I am glad you found a good place with us! We look forward to having you return!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This Hotel is great for family stays, they have a great staff and the hotel is quiet and clean. I like the location, it is quiet but still has plenty of places to eat and also is not too far from attractions like the zoo, museum etc.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good day! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your experience with us here at the Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you all had a great time at the Denver Zoo and museum also! Such fun places to visit!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stay at this property often and are always impressed. The quality of management sets the culture among the staff. Always professional and courteous. We are always welcomed back as return guests. Front desk staff in particular are welcoming, warm and courteous. A property to be proud of - gives Hilton a good name.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
CeliaSellers, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thanks John! Our Front Desk Manager, Jen is very valuable in keeping her staff on their toes! Her many years of experience with us makes everything work smoothly and allows the desk staff to really focus on you. Please come see us again soon.
Celia Sellers

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed here after a few days in a very swish (and significantly more expensive) property in downtown Denver, on my way out west. Location wise, you're not going to be popping into the 16th street mall on foot or anything, but it's fairly well located if you've a car and don't mind a bit of a drive / need to be out west anyway.

The biggest plus for me was the staff. They were really friendly, really helpful, and really meant it! When I had questions, they solved them. When I needed food recommendations, they were brilliant. When I needed coins for the laundry, no issues. When a guest returned, they'd remembered where they'd been, and asked about it. Just brilliant staff!

Rooms are a decent size, and with fairly good stuff in them, especially given the price. Fairly quiet, but not silent. Gym was very nice, plenty of machines, fair bit of space, and no crowding. Pool looked like it might be nice in summer, though being outdoors it was closed when I was there. Despite being a little way out of town, there were actually lots of places nearby to eat dinner in, and I had trouble choosing between them all! (Luckily the staff helped me pick somewhere great)

The elevators seem to be having issues, so maybe try for a low floor room until that's fixed.

Breakfast was probably the best Hampton breakfast I've had in terms of what's there, and how tasty it was. Don't tell Hilton corporate! Lots of choice, good quality. Only slightly odd thing was the disposible plates and plastic low quality cutlary. That said, if my local Hampton would put on a breakfast like that, I'd happily trade crockery+cutlary that they offer!

For a short stay in Denver where you can't face the costs of the city centre locations and are happy to drive, it's a brilliant spot, especially at the price. For a passing-through, it's very handy off the interstate. Give it a try!

Room Tip: Until the get the lifts fixed, get a low floor so you can use the stairs