“Great value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great value”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Excellent service, all of the staff were fantastic. Everyone had a great attitude, and were very pleasant. (and it wasn't the pasted on smiles). Good room, good condition, hot water when I turned it on, even being on the top floor. I'll stay there again when I need a room on that side of town. Nice and quiet.

Only 10 minute walk to the new light rail station.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HamptonDENLW, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks Chuck! We think the new Light Rail service to Denver makes this location perfect for folks who want to play downtown, but not stay downtown. Come back soon!
Celia Sellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had an absolutely pleasant stay at this hotel. I was here for business for about a week and I feel the staff went above and beyond in making sure that I had everything I needed for my stay. At the times I stopped by the desk I was assisted by Kara. She is phenomenal. Kara has a wonderful attitude, was always smiling and went out of her way to help me with directions. She even printed off a map for me, found a phone number for a local business and offered shuttle service if needed. I have seen several reviews that mention that the hotel is too expensive but you absolutely get what you pay for. I highly recommend everyone stay here so you can see the value in their services.

The hotel is updated and very comfortable. I had a king size room which was equipped with a desk, a couch and multiple places in the room in which to plug in my computer. There is even a very convenient multi-plug outlet next to the bed. My room was always spotless. The staff did a an outstanding job of keeping everything neat and tidy.

The hot plate breakfast was different everyday which I loved! I love the variety and it was always very tasty. Along with the hot breakfast there was always choices of fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, several different cereals, waffles, bagels and much more.

If I ever have to travel back to Denver I will definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: I only have experience staying on the back side of the hotel but I was very pleased with my room. I...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our front desk employee Kara. It means a lot to us when our guests recognize the outstanding service that we try to give everyone. And I appreciate your comment about "getting what you paid for". This Hampton Inn offers an evening Manager Reception Monday through Wednesday that offers a free light dinner or snack in addition to the large complimentary breakfast. We believe our service and our amenities make this the place to stay on the west side of Denver!
Seattle, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Friendly, welcoming staff, clean and spacious accommodations with plenty of counter space in the bathroom, surprisingly bountiful complimentary breakfast. I hadn't had a chance to use Fitness room, but looked on the way out and was surprised with quality of equipment and set up of small space. I would definitely use it on next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks Janice! Our fitness center is actually quite large, it just looks smaller because we have installed all new equipment and filled it wall-to-wall! I hope you will get a chance to enjoy it on your next visit.
Amsterdam
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights earlier in the month. I felt the rooms were excellent - well equipped, large, quiet, comfortable beds, very clean rooms, good wifi - lots of electrical points and even USB chargers sockets next to the beds.

Friendly, local, staff who were always looking to help.

I didn't like the breakfast - I found it too "cheap", but wasn't enough to stop me recommending the place.

I missed a bar or cafe - which would have been handy when the temperature swung from 22C to -8C overnight and I got snowed in for a day. The locals insisted this was normal, I'm unconvinced :-)

Two excellent restaurants within walking distance - 240 Union and Kobe-An Japanese just across the parting lot. Both recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HamptonDENLW, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I appreciate your honest review of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center. We would love to have a bar in the hotel, however it is not a Hampton brand standard, so no luck! The brand is also working on improving its breakfast offerings, so please visit again soon to see our new entrees!
Colorado
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A key influence on our decision to stay here was the fact that management responded to virtually every review on TripAdvisor - that tells me that management really cares about running a quality property. We were not disappointed.
This is not a new property - it was a Compri hotel almost 30 years ago - but you'd never know it. The facility has been meticulously maintained. The welcome at the front desk is warm yet efficient, and once inside, the place is utterly silent and completely spotless. The furnishings were comfortable and lacked the obligatory stains and tatters I've come to expect. The bed was almost too soft for me and almost too firm for my wife which means it's perfect - and the bed was made the way a bed should be made. I can't stand it when by simply pulling back the top sheet all the bedding dismantles.
I love finding mouthwash in addition to the typical bath amenities, and earplugs are included, though you'll want to take them with you because you won't need them here.
My only critique is the absence of a door between the bedroom and the vanity in our suite - makes it a challenge to keep from waking a spouse who retires early.
Regardless, I highly recommend this hotel. Kudos to management and staff!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is bigger than my first apartment (or the second for that matter). Would be p...
1 Thank ChairmanoftheBoard
I am so glad you noticed we like to respond to our Trip Advisor comments! Your opinion really matters to us, so thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon!
weldona, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Every one was friendly and welcoming no matter the time I was coming or going from the building. The staff made it a point to say welcome to the Hampton or as I was leaving say have a great day. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were fluffy and the temp in the room was perfect. Had some trouble with the internet but no big deal I managed. I stayed for 4 days and the price was very reasonable but like most wish it was cheaper still. Over all very happy and willing to return when the time calls for a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Machelle K
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor! Our guest comments are so important to us, and we really appreciate hearing from you. Glad you had a good stay!
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Clean throughout, quiet when needed and very helpful and courteous staff! Was there on business and the location was most helpful and close to where I needed to be. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to be in the west section of Denver.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CeliaSellers, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travelers. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
#10 of 27 in Lakewood

Been to Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center? Share your experiences!