“Very smooth stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lanark, Illinois
“Very smooth stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here with a fairly large group in Lakewood for the annual Ride to Remember, a ride to Colorado Springs for the Fallen Firefighter Memorial Service. The hotel gave us very good prices, excellent service and overall a very nice stay. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable. When I discovered that the refrigerator was not very cold, I called the front desk and service personnel was to our room within minutes and corrected the problem. Breakfast was excellent and staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. Conference rooms made available for our registration and board meeting were very accomodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank suzanne721
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
So glad you were here! We love the Ride to Remember folks....you guys are so warm and heartfelt. Glad we could help with your fundraising and fun!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the weekend of the Furthur concert at Red Rocks. If I had to guess, I'd say at least half of the guests in the hotel were there for that event. The hotel has a local shuttle, but did not run a route to Red Rocks for the event. That was disappointing.

Other than that the hotel was nice. It was clean and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was not quite up to the standard of some other Hampton Inns that I've stayed at. They had fake eggs and shut down breakfast a few minutes early on one day, which was a real bummer because I had to pay to eat elsewhere.

The property itself is in a great location. Just south of 6th Ave, and very near a ton of restaurants including Del Taco, Old Chicago, Denny's, Chipolte, Wahoo Fish Taco, Starbucks, etc. The hotel also has a lot of free parking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Liz T
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Liz, thanks for letting us know about your stay at the Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center. I am sorry that you were not able to join us for breakfast - it is frustrating to arrive just at the time that breakfast is over. I would hope my staff would offer you breakfast anyway, and will speak to them about that. There is a huge variety of breakfast foods available, such as yogurt, bagels, danish, hard boiled eggs and fruit that would have been easily carried to your room.

I don't think any of the hotels in the area offer free shuttle service to Red Rocks. If we did, we would have to charge more for the rooms, and we try to keep our weekend rates really low. Hope to see you again!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

When we travel, the hotel or motel that we book with requires 3 things. Clean, quite and comfortable. We have stayed at many Hampton Inn's in the past but this one was the best. A plus was the full breakfast which saves money and time. A nice touch here was when the front desk called on the telephone to asked if the room was OK. Nice touch.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ray c
Thanks, Ray! Clean, quiet and comfortable is exactly what Hampton Inns are all about. I am glad we lived up to your expectations! Hope to see you again soon at the Denver West/Federal Center area.
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Good value. Clean. Great service. They let us check in quite early when we were staying for four nights so I could work from the ro instead of the tiny business center. We had intermittent slight sewer smell in room 630, but it was a top floor room and likely pulling air from roof vents depending on wind direction. We mentioned the problem the second-last evening and they offered to send someone up the next morning to check it out.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank SantaFean-7
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I am so happy you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We love our guests, and it shows! So you know, we found the source of our problem and have repaired the issue. I hope you will return soon as we would like to get to know you better.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Overall, the site is very well kept and the staff is terrific. Hot breakfast is the same as that which is served at Homewood Suites and the outdoor pool area was relaxing. Only one problem kept it from being perfect. On my four night stay, my room was not cleaned on one of the days. When I reported it to the front desk (Sunday night) I was told that I had a "do not disturb" sign on the door all day. I didn't even have a "do not disturb" sign for my room, so this was clearly untrue and I was upset that my room was not cleaned when I am paying a good price to stay at the hotel. Other than this problem, however, everything was great.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in a room next to the linen closet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ebnelsen
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center. I am so sorry that we missed cleaning your room one day! My housekeeping supervisor should have caught that, and I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again. Please come back soon to enjoy our great breakfast!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

After booking another place online only to discover it was horrible, we ended up at the Hampton Inn. It is a very nice hotel. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast was good. The room was perfect. Comfortable beds, a small refrigerator and microwave. Across the street from a Starbucks and some small restaurants. Zero complaints!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank foxsummer
Thanks! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon!
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Golden had overbooked and sent me to the Hampton on Union Blvd. I was pleasantly surprised. It is located in a quiet area, slightly off the main highway. My room was clean and comfortable. The outdoor pool was great, very attractive and well-maintained. Most of all, the desk staff cheerfully helped me out with some billing issues which was much appreciated by me. I'm glad I ended up at this Hampton; I travel to Denver quite often and would definitely stay here again. Thanks guys.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne T
Anne,
I am sorry you were overbooked at another hotel, but very glad that you found The Hampton Inn/Denver West Federal Center clean and comfortable. That's our mission! Please come again soon,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Courtyard Denver West/Golden

Been to Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center? Share your experiences!