“Typical Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 6, 2012

When you stay at a Hampton Inn, you know it will be very nice. This one is no exception. Everything was very clean and well kept. The best thing was the employees. From the front desk to the breakfast area to housekeeping, everyone was so nice and accomodating. This is our second stay here and we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Blake A
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

One of the best things about the Hampton Inn brand is that you know you can count on our Hamptonality! I am glad you found us to be "typical", but we try to be that and more. Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Before arriving, I called saying that I would be arriving early and asked if they could arrange a room for me if it was available. Luckily, I arrived and they did have a room ready for me, foam pillows and all :)

My room had a microwave and large mini fridge. Bed was comfortable, furniture a little dated looking, but overall a typical/non-pretentious hotel room. Free Wi-Fi through out the hotel, not just in the lobby!

They also have a warm breakfast. The eggs were..burned...which was odd, but can't complain much when breakfast is included. Also, the staff working the dining area were very pleasant and cheerful, greeting everyone with a smile and making sure everyone was happy.

I also like that they have fresh brewed coffee (robust, regular, decaf) and hot water for tea available 24/7. I must also mention that they have vanilla and hazelnut creamer available for your coffee when a lot of 5 star concierge lounges I've been to don't even offer that!

The surrounding area had lot of restaurants of all price ranges and the hotel seems to be in a business district. There is a Safeway and walgreens (or cvs?) about a mile away if you need groceries. Its about 15-20 minutes to get to downtown Denver and 10 minutes to get to Red Rocks. You definitely need a car to get around.

Overall, I think that they provide excellent service, and the quality of customer service and amenities offered are better than many higher end hotels.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the pool (open til 10, but people linger around...
1  Thank Lauren M
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thanks Lauren, for taking the time to provide a review for the Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center. We love hearing from our guests! Our team works hard to provide a higher level of service than you normally find at a hotel - large or small. We like to "stand out in the crowd" with our service - and I am glad you noticed! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were very pleased to stay at this Hampton Inn for our concert night at Red Rocks Ampitheatre. I chose this hotel over Holiday Inn that we've stayed at before (across street) for the following reasons: Check in and out (2 hrs extra time) with comp breakfast included and IT WAS CHEAPER than the other hotel. We will definitely do the Hampton again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you had a great time at the concert!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a business meeting in Lakewood. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast choices were quite limited but free coffee available throughout the day. Free internet. Plenty of restaurants nearby but didn't find convenience stores or grocery. Friendly and helpful staff A fellow traveler complained that price was high compared to other Hampton Inns.

Quite far from the city. To get from Denver airport, taxi would cost about $100, shuttle- $35/person, bus- $13/person. Would only recommend it if you had something to do in Lakewood. Otherwise I'd stay in downtown Denver.

1  Thank micol_mca
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for sending in a TripAdvisor review! We love hearing from our guests. The Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center is located on the west side of Denver, about 15 miles west of downtown. I agree that you probably would not choose this hotel if you wanted to be downtown, but if you want to be close to the foothills and mountains, it is an ideal choice. Our location is very central to many corporate offices, including the Federal Center in addition to fun venues like Red Rocks Ampitheatre and Bandimere Speedway. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

You should first know that I like Hampton Inns, and given a choice when travelling will pick this chain as it meets my needs perfectly on the price vs. luxury scale. I attended a meeting held at this hotel so it was a no-brainer to stay here. To me this was a "typical" Hampton Inn in the sense that the rooms were comfortable, the amenities on the level that I like, and the breakfast good but not overly fancy. It was nice that they changes the hot breakfast items every day so one did not have to repeat the same food every day. The staff was very friendly and helpful (provided tricky driving directions!). Free wireless/wired internet is provided (something for which many "higher level" hotels charge extra). There are numerious places to eat lunch and dinner within walking distance, so I did not need a car.

1  Thank FluvialMan

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center! We host a LOT of meetings here, and love that you can stay as well as meet here. We offer a free shuttle within a 5 mile radius Monday through Friday, so meeting attendees can get around without a car very easily. We hope you get another chance to visit us, whether for business or pleasure. Thank you!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have 50 characters I can write.. I can't write enough. I was there because my husband was in the hospital & I literally cried on Conne's shoulder & she took be aside to talk with me. She is amazing. the whole staff is helpful! The rooms: PRIME!! Best hotel I have ever stayed at during my travels , EVER!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have held meetings in other locations and nothing compares to the Hampton Inn when it comes to service. The sales team really took care of us! I received many compliments from my attendees on how nice their hotel stay was. And It was really nice to be greeted with a smile every time I came in (even at 7 AM!).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you Danielle! We enjoyed your group too. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff members for their service. Our Director of Sales, Barb Jackson makes sure that her team members are all giving 100% to each meeting group, and it makes the difference in guest satisfaction. We look forward to having you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood

Been to Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center? Share your experiences!