“Good place to stay for Red Rocks concert.”

Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were very pleased to stay at this Hampton Inn for our concert night at Red Rocks Ampitheatre. I chose this hotel over Holiday Inn that we've stayed at before (across street) for the following reasons: Check in and out (2 hrs extra time) with comp breakfast included and IT WAS CHEAPER than the other hotel. We will definitely do the Hampton again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you had a great time at the concert!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a business meeting in Lakewood. Rooms are nice and clean. Breakfast choices were quite limited but free coffee available throughout the day. Free internet. Plenty of restaurants nearby but didn't find convenience stores or grocery. Friendly and helpful staff A fellow traveler complained that price was high compared to other Hampton Inns.

Quite far from the city. To get from Denver airport, taxi would cost about $100, shuttle- $35/person, bus- $13/person. Would only recommend it if you had something to do in Lakewood. Otherwise I'd stay in downtown Denver.

1  Thank micol_mca
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for sending in a TripAdvisor review! We love hearing from our guests. The Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center is located on the west side of Denver, about 15 miles west of downtown. I agree that you probably would not choose this hotel if you wanted to be downtown, but if you want to be close to the foothills and mountains, it is an ideal choice. Our location is very central to many corporate offices, including the Federal Center in addition to fun venues like Red Rocks Ampitheatre and Bandimere Speedway. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

You should first know that I like Hampton Inns, and given a choice when travelling will pick this chain as it meets my needs perfectly on the price vs. luxury scale. I attended a meeting held at this hotel so it was a no-brainer to stay here. To me this was a "typical" Hampton Inn in the sense that the rooms were comfortable, the amenities on the level that I like, and the breakfast good but not overly fancy. It was nice that they changes the hot breakfast items every day so one did not have to repeat the same food every day. The staff was very friendly and helpful (provided tricky driving directions!). Free wireless/wired internet is provided (something for which many "higher level" hotels charge extra). There are numerious places to eat lunch and dinner within walking distance, so I did not need a car.

1  Thank FluvialMan

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center! We host a LOT of meetings here, and love that you can stay as well as meet here. We offer a free shuttle within a 5 mile radius Monday through Friday, so meeting attendees can get around without a car very easily. We hope you get another chance to visit us, whether for business or pleasure. Thank you!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have 50 characters I can write.. I can't write enough. I was there because my husband was in the hospital & I literally cried on Conne's shoulder & she took be aside to talk with me. She is amazing. the whole staff is helpful! The rooms: PRIME!! Best hotel I have ever stayed at during my travels , EVER!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have held meetings in other locations and nothing compares to the Hampton Inn when it comes to service. The sales team really took care of us! I received many compliments from my attendees on how nice their hotel stay was. And It was really nice to be greeted with a smile every time I came in (even at 7 AM!).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you Danielle! We enjoyed your group too. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff members for their service. Our Director of Sales, Barb Jackson makes sure that her team members are all giving 100% to each meeting group, and it makes the difference in guest satisfaction. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The reason I enjoy planning meetings at The Hampton and keep coming back is because of the excellent service by the staff! They are always accomodating, pleasant, and make a sincere effort to help us host successful meetings. Everyone - from the front desk to the maid service, to the sales director - have always worked with our requests and go above and beyond. The hotel is older, but it recently went through a renovation, giving the meeting spaces and guest rooms a modern facelift! Our guests enjoy the overnight accomodations, including the hot breakfast served in the updated and spacious breakfast room. The hotel offers a variety of caterers to choose from, and they provide excellent food in presentation and taste. I enjoy working with the Hampton team - you can't beat the quality of service!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for recognizing our staff for their exceptional guest service. In any event, it is the service that will make or break your meeting. We really do care about our clients and guests, and want you to have the best experience possible at the Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center. We hope to host another of your meetings again soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed overnight for a Red Rocks show and the hotel was one of the closes to the venue. The staff was really welcoming and helpful. The hotel is older but has been renovated recently it seems and was in over all very good condition. We used the pool and it was clean and enjoyable. Slept in and missed breakfast so I am not sure of the quality there. Overall great stay but the hotel is still only a 4 and not quite a 5

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for TripAdvisor! Word of mouth recommendations are always the best for travelers. Red Rocks Ampitheatre is one of our most popular destinations for our guests, so you were in good company. With the weather so warm, the outdoor pool has been a favorite, and it is unusual to find in Colorado. Glad you enjoyed it! Come back again and enjoy our hot "on the house" breakfast!