“One night stay, No problems at all.”

Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 3, 2012

When I checked in I found the staff quite friendly and efficient. The room was clean, large, well appointed and comfortable. Wi-fi worked just fine. there were several restaurant choices with in walking distance, and again, the staff were VERY helpful finding them. This is a terrific Hotel in a nmice location. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Pool, internet and exercise room fully equiped. Staff is friendly and eager to satisfy requests. Double Queen room is large. Breakfast Bar is well supplied.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Spent three nights with family in a king suite. The main room was so large (dining table and four chairs, couch, two armchairs, lots of floorspace) that I thought we must have been upgraded to an executive suite; but I found out all the king suites are this size. The bed was excellent, and even the hide-a-bed was decent for one adult. Location was great--easy access to Downtown Dever via 6th Ave (less than 15 minutes), to a large shopping mall nearby, and to the foothills west of Denver. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast included omelets and waffles. Would definitely stay there again when visiting Denver.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The king suite is very large, and great for a family. We only have two in the hotel, so they are booked quite frequently. Wish we had more!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days in early April. Everything was so PERFECT that we stayed there again in late April for another 3 days. Again, PERFECT. The hotel is located in an ideal location, excellent parking, terrific lobby, and etc. The staff is remarkable. I could not have asked for better customer service. They made us feel like we were their ONLY customers. The room was spotless and very very clean.

They did offer a free breakfast with homemade waffles, fruit, bagels, eggs, sausage, juices and more. Some mornings there were potatoes, specialized eggs and other items. Nice area to eat with two large flat screen TV's for viewing.

Everyone here was friendly and helpful. I cannot speak any higher of their customer service...TERRIFIC.

We will ABSOLUTELY stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
celia s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review! Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center staff members really DO feel like you are the most important people in the hotel. We like to get to know our guests, and hope you will come back for a visit soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

First off I do two things when I travel, one is read reviews on where I am going, second is to do reasearch through applications such as Google Earth or some other satellite map program. Good thing I did because if you do not know the layout on how to get to this Hampton Inn, you will struggle to find it.
If coming in from the west, take the 6th avenue east exit and go to Union/Simms exit. Turn left at the light and go about two more stoplights. After the second light, look for a Del Taco and a Wendy's, turn on the street in between these two places, the hotel is up on the right from there.
If coming from the east, such as from DIA, it's a little more tricky to get onto east 6th avenue. The way to do it is take the Colfax exit, turn left at the end of the ramp and go to the second light which should be Indiana avenue. Go a few blocks up, watch for the overhead signs and get into the left 2 or 3 lanes. Turn left and you are now on 6th avenue. You have to reverse this if coming from the hotel and want to go back on east I-70, there is no on ramp for eastbound traffic from 6th avenue to I-70, westbound is good to go, just no eastbound. Union to 6th, 6th to Indiana, Indiana to Colfax, turn left, merge right, turn right and you're on the freeway entrance. This is why I study sattelite imagery, it helps with understanding where you are and how to get around.
As for the hotel, it was perfect except for the fact that the pool was closed, and it's May, should be open. No restaurant in the hotel but a plethora nearby and most within walking distance. No bar either, but again, plenty close by. Check in was very speedy, the front desk people were very pleasant and the room was spotless. The shower actually had decent water pressure, something I find lacking in many hotels. Plenty of parking and easy access to southbound Union. To go to north bound Union, I recommend taking the street between the hotel and Del Taco all the way to the stop sign, turn right and you are at a traffic light. Otherwise you must turn right on Union and go up a few blocks, make a U-turn and then go back north.
I paid $80 for a very nice room, FREE WIRELESS, Yaaaaaaay, and I just put my preferences in my reservation and I got them. The breakfast is from 6-10 am and has hot and cold food, make your own waffles, bagels, cereal, eggs, sausage, etc, really hit the spot before we left.
I will return to this hotel in the future if ever in that particular part of Denver.

Room Tip: Just ask, I like high floors with decent views. This is what I asked for and I got it. The douth fac...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of the Hampton Inn Denver West/Federal Center! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to let you know that our outdoor pool is now open for the summer - May weather in Colorado can be tricky, so we aren't usually able to guarantee a warm pool temperature before May 15th. I hope you get a chance to come back and enjoy it soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a cut above other Hampton Inns in my opinion. As you drive south on Union Blvd., the hotel is back off the road behind a Del Taco (I do not recommend you eat there). Turn right between the Wendy's and the Del Taco.

There was an exceptionally nice, welcoming front desk clerk in the evenings - I think her name was Connie. Cookies and apples were set out for incoming travelers. Staff in the morning was friendly as well.

There are many places to eat in the immediate vicinity (several are fast food). The in-room hotel booklet says there are over 15 restaurants and "entertainment venues" within walking distance.

A BIG plus is the complementary breakfast - lots of variety, hot and cold, including French toast sticks, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, maple sausages, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc. The breakfast area is nice and roomy - newly furnished with lots of tables and chairs and two flat screen TVs. MUCH nicer than the cramped areas you often find with free breakfasts.

The friendliness of the staff and the breakfast make this hotel a strong candidate for a return visit, despite it's being about 7 miles from where I normally work in Denver.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This Hampton was clean, great service and good breakfast. It was quiet, the room was spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I love having a microwave and refrigerator in my room. The staff was very friendly and accommodating . I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West-Federal Center, Co
#10 of 27 in Lakewood
0 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden

Been to Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center? Share your experiences!