“Wish I could leave NEGATIVE Amount of dots”

Motel 6 Denver - Lakewood
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here in July of 2012. If you need drugs, hookers, late night fights, police, dirty floors, filthy beds and general overall icky feeling then this is the motel for you. We went to the office the next morning and had an overwhelming responce from the manager that she just didn't know that the behavior was going on in the parking lot... right. She didn't know that the rooms could have been that dirty. She would comp our next night, move us to the "quieter' side of the motel and make sure the room was cleaner. She wa off that day at 3:00 and PROMISED she would call and let us know that our next room was ready to be moved into. WE called at 2 and she said it wasn't ready yet... WE called at 4:30 She had gone home. PROMISE Anyhow...we went to the motel and picked up the new keys. The room was dirtier and nastier than the first. We left and turned in the keys. We slept in the car. It was safer than walking on the floor of the motel, or getting stabbed by one of the creeps that hung out in the parking lot.
I was sent a survey when I got home. I answered it. It got looped back to the manager of the motel that didn't do anything in the first place.. Does that make sence????? She left her cell number, but didn't answer her phone when I called. Go figure.
I contacted Corporate and they gave me the run around. I told them that I really didn't want anything from them.. NO money. NO free nights. Just acknowlegment that there was a problem. I got a letter yesterday that states that this is an isolated problem, motel 6 is still a good value and that it is THE BEST motel to stay at.

I don't know if they don't read these reviews. I wish I had before I had booked our stay. I think that if more people posted reviews it may force them to take action and clean up their act. They are in the process of being bought... I believe by a foriegn company.. that might be the problem to start with... Mar Ti Short is the person that signed the letter that I received yesterday...

So all said.. Run don't walk from this motel.. Spend a little more money and stay some where else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband & i stayed here for a week & its the kind of place you would expect for the price. I had a problem, went to the office & they jumped on fixing it. Within the hour .... no more problems & all the staff was very pleasant. If you don't mind the neighbors, there are children & furry best friends, then its worth the price. & the pool has been painted blue, been cleaned, & very refreshing. I say that because of reviews i have read from anothers that have stayed in the past. Im happier with the service here then the high priced hotels & motels i have experienced recently.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I for some strange reason cannot find a Motel 6 with great location and great service. This particular property has a great location, but the property itself is not that great. I will just say it serves it's purpose.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Jimmy J
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This summer my brother-in-law passed away and we went to his funeral in Denver. When I go to Denver I usually stay at the HIlton. I was hesitant to make a reservation at Motel 6, but was pleasantly surprised that it was well taken care of and had an outside swimming pool.The restaurant across the street kept most of the family fed. It is a small diner but the food was great. We were right by the on-off ramp so it was easy to find and access was easy. There were a couple larger stores within a block like Wal-Mart and a bagel/ expresso restaurant on the corner. It was nice to have these eminities in the area.

Room Tip: We had family in eight rooms and all the rooms were comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

So bad.. Stains by the bathroom in one room, Stains by the front door in another. So, we were moved to 202 so we can "be safe" according to the lady in the office. 201 fought and stabbed each other and security was nowhere to be found.. We were all above the office. 911 was called only after I called the front office that some naked and bloody lady was running around outside and was about thrown over the stairs. Then they called 911. I sent a letter and reported the incident and was "blown off" by Guest Relations. Such a BAD COMPANY. In one word.. "DON'T"
I prefer to keep the photos of 4x4 black stains to myself and the bloody handprints and blood drops to myself. (In case of Litigation)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenna T
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Really not a bad mote 6, but the neighborhood unbearable. We saw Denver police arrest two different indigents(sp?) within a couple hours.
This is one of the old Regal 8 properties, well built and with elevator (both unusual for Motel 6).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Paid 40 dollars for a non smoking room. Checked it out and the bed's were filthy and wet. They gave us a different room and the beds were better but it had a left over chips, smelled of smoke, and had a used joint on the heater. More of an education for our children than we had intended.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremiah R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Best Western Denver Southwest
#2 of 8 in Wheat Ridge
8 mi away
La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Motel 6 Denver - Lakewood? Share your experiences!