All reviewscomplimentary dinnerfull kitchenevening receptionwonderful hotellarge bathroomone bedroom suitegreat place to stayexcellent staybusiness tripfederal centerhousekeeping staffwaffleshot tublakewood arealight railwould definitely stay here againfree breakfast
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed here while dropping my daughter off for her first semester at the Colorado School of Mines. A little bit hard to find off of Union Blvd., but once you find it you'll appreciate that it is off the main road. Had a nice sized room overlooking a courtyard. Very quiet, good breakfast every morning, and helpful staff. Couldn't ask for anything more :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2010

stayed for a week for a business meeting. Essentially was dissapointed with this Homewood property. I am Hilton honors Gold and usually stay at homewoods for the obvious reasons. However, I'm rating this a 2 for the quality of the breakfast and the condition of the bedding. Specifics: the staff was great. (The ladies at the breakfast area worked very hard) --- but this hotel appears to be cheap on producing a quality breakfast (no fresh fruit, limited selections, etc). Also, for me the bed was awful - way too soft. Tried several different rooms and finally just gave up and slept on the sofa. Doubt if I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rggsquared
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We have stayed in this hotel 3 times and have always enjoyed the friendly staff, beautiful rooms and good food... There are many restaurants within walking distance. We have a favorite room now and just call a couple of days ahead and get it... The manager's reception is nice with a light supper, beer and wine.. It is very close to our family that we come to visit. I think the price is a little high compared to other Homewood Suites but I guess it is because it is a business district..We try to stay in Homewood Suites or Embassy Suites because we enjoy the extra room..

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2009

This is a very new all-suite hotel that offers a cooked breakfast in the morning, drinks and food from 5 to 7pm, exercise room and pool plus free fast Internet and a Business Center. This was excellent value for a $129 pre-paid price. The rooms have all you would need plus two TVs and a good work area - even utensils for cooking if you wanted. I cannot understand the previous comments by others about bad service. Service was on the good side of average when I was there. Only problem is that it's a litttle difficult to find, tucked away behind the Hampton Inn a little way west of Union. I plan to stay at this hotel when I'm back in the area

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I stayed at this hotel as a wedding package guest. First morning I woke at 6:00 am to chirping noise from the smoke alarm in my room. I notified the front desk of the problem at 11:00 am (after listening to it chirp all morning). Returned from the wedding reception at 11:00 pm and climbed into bed, exhausted. Heard the smoke alarm chirp and could not believe that the problem (a simple battery replacement) had not been fixed in 12 HOURS. Called the front desk, irate, and asked for someone to come to my room to replace the battery. Front desk person was flippant and not at all sympathetic to the fact that I was tired, in bed, and listening to a smoke alarm that should have been fixed. She eventually called me back and told me that she did not have a replacement battery and that I would have to change rooms. I had to move to a new room in the middle of the night, although the hotel did not charge me for that night's stay. This hotel has had a lot of problems with their staff, and I don't think they have resolved all of them yet. Someone dropped the ball on making sure my smoke alarm was fixed and what kind of a hotel does not have smoke alarm batteries for just this kind of emergency in the middle of the night?

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ctgroove98