All reviewscomplimentary dinnerfull kitchenevening receptionwonderful hotellarge bathroomone bedroom suitegreat place to stayexcellent staybusiness tripfederal centerhousekeeping staffwaffleshot tublakewood arealight railwould definitely stay here againfree breakfast
Reviewed October 15, 2017

The service was quite rude when I complained about not being on the same floor as my family members, despite having made that request months prior. A drawer wouldn't close and was at eye-poking level with my 4 year old, and the coffee maker was missing the carafe on the first morning. The breakfast was great, but that's about it.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed October 11, 2017

My husband was on business and I accompanied him. Our room met our expectations and the full breakfast and dinner was excellent! No need to go out for meals while we were there. Staff was friendly, helpful and made us feel like we were welcome. Will return to this hotel in the future next time we are in Denver for business.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevators
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Tiffany K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and liked our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and evening reception. Having the option to have dinner downstairs in the lobby is very convenient after a long day of meetings. The complimentary wine and beer we serve in the evenings is a great perk too!

We hope to see you again next time you and your husband are in the Lakewood area!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

My brother got married in Golden, CO on 10/7 and my sister, husband, myself and my parents had two guest rooms at the Homewood Suites in Lakewood as my brother lives full time 3 blocks away. I am a Hilton employee and Homewood Suites are probably one of my top favorites to stay in due to their bigger rooms.

Being from Iowa, we had a very long day of traveling that landed us at the hotel around 1:00 AM on 10/4. I had made our reservations in March and the week before our arrival I called the hotel on multiple occasions to ensure we were all sett and ready to go-including the day before and day of to confirm that we had been preassigned to room 434 (studio king room) and 431 (2 queen 1 bedroom suite). All was a go when I was on route to the airport in Chicago Wednesday and I was confident everything would go well and as planned.

Upon arrival to the hotel, the night audit person was sitting in the dark at one of the breakfast tables, on her laptop with headphones in. When she made it over to the desk, I told her I had two rooms and had confirmed everything earlier and gave her our room numbers. She told me she only had one reservation for us and that it was in room 431 but that we did not have another room and that they were SOLD OUT. I was very mad and disappointed as it was almost 1 AM, we were all beyond exhausted and I called the hotel on multiple occasions to confirm all details knowing we'd be getting in late due to our flight time. I went to the car and got my phone to show her my confirmation numbers and she then realized our other room was in "in house" and checked into room #433 as our original room in #434 had extended their stay to an extra night. Being that I work at a hotel, I totally understood that you can't control an extended stay and that I was happy to move to a different room. She gave us our keys and we were on our way.

When we got to room #433, my husband opened the door and to our surprise, there was someone inside, SLEEPING! Furious and so embarrassed we ran out and went back to the desk. Once we got there and told her what had happened, she responded "I had a feeling that would happen based on the notes on your file" Why on earth would she send me up there if she thought someone would be in there. She told me the only rooms they had were 2 queen handicap rooms and their 2 bedroom suite. Remember when she said they were sold out? Now you have 3 rooms? YEAH. So then I asked to go in the suite with a king bed as my husband and I preferred a king room, but she explained she couldn't since they couldn't sell it at my employee rate. I know I would be paying less, but they were not going to sell that room at that point that evening and we were going to be in it for less than 7 hours at that point. We agreed to go in the handicap room (411) near the elevator as we were so tired and just wanted to sleep. The front desk girl ended up following us up to the room to make sure nobody was in there as well as she was not 100% sure it was not already occupied, excuse me? When she asked who we had spoken with earlier that week, she listed off some names as I honestly couldn't remember. When she mentioned the person I had spoken to, she proceeded to tell me that "they were on the rocks and should be on their way out any day now" that was for sure not appropriate to tell me as I was a guest. Upon arrival, the room was in fact empty and I proceeded to get in the shower and get to bed as quickly as I could. When I was showering, I realized that there were multiple pieces of black hair, the water was cold and the shower head was leaking like crazy. Overall, it was a horrible first night and to be honest, I was not confident it would get resolved.

The next morning before breakfast, I went and spoke with Maureen (who I had confirmed details with earlier that week) and she was SO sweet and SO apologetic. Honestly, Maureen is who saved my entire stay and is one of the few reasons, I will be back and did not give this hotel a 1 star rating. She said she has no idea why it happened or how it happened but made sure to let me know that they were cleaning the original room we had requested as that guest had checked out and by the time we had finished breakfast, it was ready and so were our keys. We spent the entire day at Estes Park and returned that evening to find a nice clean king room like we had hoped for. The remainder of our stay was fine, the breakfast was really good considering it was free, the breakfast staff was nice and tentative, did a wonderful job refilling every day and the business center was easy to use and helpful. Since my brother lives only 3 blocks away and I likely can get my employee rate here in the future, we will probably be back, but I would never pay full price for this hotel. Being that I work for a Hilton property in a manager position, the employee that I dealt with probably should not work here.

Thank you to Maureen who quickly turned our stay around and made up for our horrible experience on 10/4, you are truly special and deserved to be praised. Hopefully they can turn the check in process around and it doesn't happen again in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised. Clean room, Lobby was clean Staff was nice Biggest complaint, is a 200 minimum review - I have said what I wanted to say in far less than that - So I will complain about this letter requirement. It is absolutely ridiculous requirement - I'm sure that others like me have a few nice or not so nice things to say, and then this happens and it takes a pleasant experience into the ridiculous zone

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Wendy!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while in the Lakewood area on a business trip. We strive to keep our hotel common areas clean and hotel rooms clean for all guests during their stay and I am happy that we met your expectations.

Even though the review requires a 200 word minimum, we thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us.

We invite you back to stay with us next time you are in the Lakewood area!

-Tiffany Kimmell
Director of Sales

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and found the room very comfortable and accommodating. The breakfast was outstanding having blueberry waffles one morning and a delicious croissant sandwich the next morning. The only minor complaint was that our room did not get cleaned even after being gone for most of the day. I was able to get fresh towels so again this was a very minor inconvenience compared to the overall comfortable stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Tiffany K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver West - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our suites very comfortable and you enjoyed our delicious breakfast items. It is a great treat to be able to make fresh blueberry waffles in the morning!

We hope to see you again next time you are in the Lakewood area!