All reviewscomplimentary dinnerfull kitchenevening receptionwonderful hotellarge bathroomone bedroom suitegreat place to stayexcellent staybusiness tripfederal centerhousekeeping staffwaffleshot tublakewood arealight railwould definitely stay here againfree breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I stayed at this hotel as a wedding package guest. First morning I woke at 6:00 am to chirping noise from the smoke alarm in my room. I notified the front desk of the problem at 11:00 am (after listening to it chirp all morning). Returned from the wedding reception at 11:00 pm and climbed into bed, exhausted. Heard the smoke alarm chirp and could not believe that the problem (a simple battery replacement) had not been fixed in 12 HOURS. Called the front desk, irate, and asked for someone to come to my room to replace the battery. Front desk person was flippant and not at all sympathetic to the fact that I was tired, in bed, and listening to a smoke alarm that should have been fixed. She eventually called me back and told me that she did not have a replacement battery and that I would have to change rooms. I had to move to a new room in the middle of the night, although the hotel did not charge me for that night's stay. This hotel has had a lot of problems with their staff, and I don't think they have resolved all of them yet. Someone dropped the ball on making sure my smoke alarm was fixed and what kind of a hotel does not have smoke alarm batteries for just this kind of emergency in the middle of the night?

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ctgroove98
Reviewed June 14, 2008

In April I stayed at my first Homewood Suites in Orlando Florida and loved everything about it. I wanted to stay in this new Homewood Suites in Lakewood, thinking I would get the same great stay as in Orlando but I was some what disappointed.
I stayed here for 6 days in June for work. It is difficult to find since it is hidden behind the Wells Fargo business building. A sign out front on Union Blvd would be nice. If you can find the Hampton Inn then you can find the Homewood Suites. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious.
The aspect that I was disappointed in most was the food. In the Orlando hotel, there was a large variety of breakfast and dinner items,(forgot to mention, M-TH a complimentary dinner is offered from 5-7pm). But not so in this Homewoods Suites. Both breakfast and dinner had a small variety of food items. The dinner items were always cold. I never saw any beer but only 2 bottles of wine. The suite rooms have a full kitchen. I choose to make my own breakfast of juice, omelet. toast and grits( I brought my own) rather than eat their powdered eggs. Would be an excellent hotel if they could get this food area improved.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Stayed for 5 nights and during 2 of them room was not made up. Contacted front desk and they said they couldn't help because they were short on staff. Told the front desk manager that I would wait untile HE went up to make up the room and provide clean towels and he said he couldn't do that. Pretty sad....

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Dragon1965
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This hotel is VERY nice! The suites are clean and spacious. They offer everything you want for a multi night stay. The staff was wonderful and very accomodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2007

We stayed two nights recently at the recommendation of a nearby college our daughter was interviewing at. The hotel is beautifully decorated and very clean, felt like we were hiding out in a model home. My only complaint is that it is hard to find, located behind an office building and not well marked from Union Blvd, stressful when searching late at night. Staff was very helpful, we got two separate discounts so the rate was very reasonable . Breakfast was okay, warmed up items, not fresh cooked but the attendent worked hard to keep everything stocked . We did not have time to try dinner and wine. Pool, jaquzzi and exercise room seem very welcoming, look forward to using them in the future. We will definitally stay again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business