All reviewscomplimentary dinnerfull kitchenevening receptionwonderful hotellarge bathroomone bedroom suitegreat place to stayexcellent staybusiness tripfederal centerhousekeeping staffwaffleshot tublakewood arealight railwould definitely stay here againfree breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights of a 10 day family vacation. Hotel was difficult to find. Staff wasn't overly friendly. We were not aware that their managers reception was only Monday - Thursday. The breakfast was below average with watery eggs. On check out day we had to carry all of our luggage down two flights of stairs because both elevators were out.
The hotel was clean, beds are soft, and in room kitchen was great.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Typical Homewood Suite with 2 double beds in bedroom, sleeper sofa in main room. We chose it for ease in traveling with kids--nice to be able to split up those who wanted to sleep from those who wanted to watch a movie. Breakfast plentiful, quickly restocked, and better than the usual. Fresh fruit available 24/7, which was very nice. Front desk super friendly (seems like everyone in Colorado is that way.) Sleeper sofa impossible except for small kid--very thin.

Well-located near many restaurants (we walked for Mexican one night, sushi the next.) Several local pizzerias deliver. Nearby King Soopers and Safeway for groceries. The room has a dvd player, and there is a Blockbuster nearby for dvd rentals.

We used the hotel as a base for day trips to Boulder, RMNP, Red Rocks and the I-70 resorts. Approximately 45 minutes from the airport mid-day. A car is needed for this location.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa222
Reviewed March 25, 2011

My flight to Denver was seriously delayed so it took a while to get the rental car and drive to lakewood from the airport in the middle of the night. Using my GPS I arrived and the hotel's address but no hotel. I called and Jason (front desk) answered. He easily guided me to the hotel hidden behind a Hampton Inn that was visible from my GPS drivin location on Union Ave. When I walked up to the front desk Jason greeted me by name and was very welcoming to a weary traveler running 5 hours behind schedule. The stay with Homewood just got better with the few days that I was with them. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was very nice. I will stay with them the next time I go to Denver.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BusinessTravel_90039
Reviewed March 10, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on business. All in all, it's certainly a decent hotel. I was on the fourth floor and the entire floor smelled like cigarete smoke. The room was mostly clean, but not spotless. The carpet was pretty dirty. The hotel is in an odd place as well, and not particularly close to the shops and businesses that I wanted to visit. The hotel is fine and I would recommend it to others. It's just not a "wow" hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MItravelerforbus
Reviewed February 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with another couple for a weekend in Denver. The hotel is in a great location. Lots of places to eat nearby and it's right off 6th Ave, making it very easy to access other areas of Denver. We originally booked a king suite, hoping that the sofa bed in the living area would be adequate for our friends. As soon as we opened it up, we knew we had to change rooms. The sofa bed consisted of a thin mattress pad laying over very hard, uncomfortable springs. I don't know how anyone could sleep on such little padding - even kids! But the front desk was very helpful and understanding. We were moved to a suite with 2 queen beds within a matter of minutes. Once in the new room, we had no complaints. Very quiet and clean. Plenty of room for 4 adults and all of our stuff. Workout room, pool and hot tub were nice (only about half of the jets were working in the hot tub, but it still felt good after a day of skiing). The free breakfast was pretty good, for hotel fare. It was nice to have more than just bagels and coffee.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends