“Nice clean cozy with good food restaurant”
Review of Jus Cookin's Restaurant - CLOSED

Jus Cookin's Restaurant
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We really like this place. The couple that owns this place work there. The food is really well cooked and tastes very healthy. The restaurant is always very clean and the help do everything they can to make our meal pleasurable. Also they really give us plenty of food for the money. Try the fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies. They are very scrumptious. The Blue Cheese salad dressing is the best around. The rolls are homemade and fresh like all the other food. They have take-out too. We’ve had more take-outs than I can remember and they have never made a mistake on any of our orders in or out.

There are newer reviews for Jus Cookin's Restaurant

Reviewed February 20, 2013

As others have said, the comfort food is terrific. However, the pies and cobblers also get rave reviews by everyone we have taken there. Don't miss the fresh peach in late summer, the fresh berry in mid-summer, or even the apple year round. I keep trying to avoid the pies, but it doesn't usually work.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were in that area at supper time, and decided to eat there based on reviews. The restaurant is very clean and has a "homey" atmosphere, BUT, other than their rolls, that they apparently serve with every meal, which were very large, very light and airy and almost melt in your mouth delicious, everything else we ate was just average!! The reviews online said they had the "best" fried Chicken in Colorado, but in my husband opinion, it was just, o.k.! It definitely didn't look or smell special, although I actually didn't taste it!! I ordered the Chicken Parmesan, and I can say there was nothing special about it. As far as I could tell, it may have well been packaged frozen chicken patties and sauce out of a jar!
Other than the large portions and inexpensive meals, and of course the "to die for, extra large dinner rolls" I see nothing special about this place!
We were there on a Friday evening, a little early, about 5:30-5:45 pm, and they weren't too busy yet, and the service was really good!! There were ALOT of " elderly" customers, I'm sure because of the good value!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I came in for the much-touted corned beef on St. Patty's day this year, and, honestly, we couldn't finish a single course. The salad was limp, the carrots were baby-food mushy, and the corned beef was tasteless. The dessert of green pudding pie came right off the back of the Jello carton. In their favor, they noticed our displeasure, polite as we tried to be, and comped the whole meal. Our first clue should have been the rows of oxygen tanks next to all the other diners.

1  Thank woody0198
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This location was within walking distance of our accomodation and we were lucky it was. Although I allowed them to talk me out of the entree I was interested in, they were exactly as billed; good down home cooking.
The staff are enthusiastic and helpful and recognize that thier kitchen has an impressive menu that is easily recommended. Every course was excellent and we also had them make us some sandwiches for excursions around Red Rocks the following day.
We had a chance to talk with the owner and chef upon leaving and you could tell he was an individual proud of his craft and in our opinion he shoud be.