“Casually elegant, nice neighborhood feel”

Grappa Italian Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #58 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We walked to Grappa's and were able to be seated without a reservation, which was very nice. Service was good and we appreciated a variety of menu options as our group of four included two vegans, a vegetarian and a meatatarian. All were enthusiastic about their choices, and the tiramisu we shared for dessert would be worth a trip back all by itself.

There are newer reviews for Grappa Italian Bistro & Wine Bar

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Enjoyed our calamari, but disappointed with pasta entrees and they were out of the wine we ordered. Our server seemed to be stressed when we arrived and when we questioned the skinny "pappardelle" she got very defensive. I would go back for glass of wine and app, maybe.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is a lovely little bistro in the Belmar area, next to the Century Theater. We stopped in for happy hour one Sunday afternoon and found the staff and the food really outstanding. They haven't been open long and lucky for us, they just extended happy hour to Sunday. We had a glass of wine and four tapas (small plates): mini crab cakes, antipasto, polenta a la putanesca, stuffed dates wrapped in prosciutto and finished off our tasty adventure sharing crème brule. I glanced at the full menu before we left and I would like to go back for dinner - want to try the eggplant parmesan - and I will definitely go back soon for another happy hour. They also serve lunch and many of their menu items can be made gluten free. Grappa's is definitely worth a drive to Lakewood...And you can catch a movie next door, too!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I live in Belmar and visit Grappa often since it opened a few months ago. The owner, Ricardo, is omnipresent and he and the staff are always very friendly and accommodating.. We have found the food to be superb and the wine selection very good. Last evening I had the the Carrot & Ginger soup of the day and the Butternut Squash and Ginger Pumpkin Ravioli...all I can say is WOW!. My wife had the Lasagna Ala Bolognese which she very much enjoyed. We are both ecstatic that Grappa has come to Belmar and look forward to many enjoyable meals in the future...highly recommend!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

If it is possible to give 0 stars I would. The spokesperson for Hairclub for Men
(aka the owner/manager??) told us there were no tables without a reservation....despite the fact the restaurant was 1/2 full at 6:30. He was rude, condescending, and when I politely suggested we eat at another restaurant he responded, "Yes, please." Then attempted to hand me a business card. No thank you. Regarding the food: no idea and don't care. Will not be returning to find out.

2  Thank MeganandChris2014