“Massive Portions. Cold Beer.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 388 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Massive Portions. Cold Beer.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed El Tapatio. There weren't many folks there for late lunch, but the service was quick and responsive. They have a nice selection of draft and bottled beers. The free chips and salsa was of good quality. Portions are massive, and the menu is extensive. I definitely got my fill. Great value too.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark_G_Boston

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everthings bigger in Lakewood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were here for spring break and were looking for some Quality Tex-Mex (I'm from TX) and after looking at other reviews I didn't think we would find any.
The salsa around here has been more like spicy tomato sauce.
So after a shot in the dark we went to El Tapitio, this is where the BIG comes in.
If you order a Large Marg it not the 16 or 24 or even the fish bowl 32. Holy #@$% 60 Oz.
Its really good but I left Half of it there.
As for the food the whole family enjoyed it. We all had the Chile Rellenos and they were cooked well. the chips, salsa, beans rice and everything else was also cooked well. the Plate here are really BIG.The only complaint about the waitress was she should have let me know a large Marg was 60oz.other than that she was great.(Isabela).I would defiantly recommend this restaurant,

• Visited March 2014
Sun City West, Arizona
“Great Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Huge menu with a fantastic selection of Mexican food. Waitress Elizabeth made us feel so at home and helped us select an amazing dessert. This is a short walk across Wadsworth from the LaQuina Inn

Visited February 2014
Arvada, Colorado
“Keep Looking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. I liked the layout inside. It looked like it had once been a TGI Fridays. Ordered off the lunch menu. My son had cheese enchiladas and I had a beef enchilada and tamale. It was ok at best. The tamale was too dry and had no flavor. The cheese enchiladas were covered in jalapeños which made them almost too hot to eat. When we ordered we asked for queso on top of the cheese enchiladas instead of chile. She said it would be a little extra. Our lunches were $6.99 but the queso on top of my sons was $3.50. Are you kidding? That was half the cost of the entire lunch . Our service was horrible. Our waitress never stopped by one time to refill our drinks or ask how everything was. Will not return.

Visited February 2014
Winter Garden, FL
“Wonderful meal, Large servings, Super servers, Fair prices, & Happy hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I discovered El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant while staying at the Hampton Inn adjacent to the restaurant. We first dined here on 04 July 2013 and again on 01 October 2013, having returned to that hotel mostly because we wanted to dine again at this restaurant. While traveling, we try to keep it simple and don't mind having a leftover. On both dates we shared the Fajita Steak/Chicken for $14.25 and loved it! The Happy Hour prices for beer were very good. There was no "extra plate" charge for sharing, and we took a leftover with us each time. The Servers were Superb, starting with "Isabela" on July 4th and continuing with "Luis" on October 1st! The atmosphere was pleasant with soft music and strategically placed quiet TV's, and the outside seating looked particularly nice, although we dined inside. There are many menu choices at El Tapatio; we loved our choice so much that we did not change it the second time around, but we saw a number of dishes taken to other tables that looked fantastic. Our only regret is that El Tapatio is several thousand miles from our home in Winter Garden, Florida!!!

• Visited July 2013