“Hidden gem”

Hits the Spot
Ranked #117 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Are you looking for a spot at a diner counter? This is the spot! Great good, great prices. The name says it all! I had pigs in a blanket and loved it. My hubby had "everybody's favorite" and I mostly helped him eat his breakfast. It was soooo delicious!! The kitchen is open also, so you can watch the cooks make their magic! Yum

There are newer reviews for Hits the Spot

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This review is based upon a single visit for breakfast.

With a long drive ahead I was looking for a solid breakfast and came up with Hits the Spot poking around the web. Mid-morning Sunday the place was full of adults and families and doing non-stop business. The food is what you would expect from a low cost mainstream diner. Eggs, skillets, pancakes, steak, breakfast meats, etc. Plus the regional items one would expect in Colorado. Service is available at tables or a counter and the staff is engaged.

I had a combo of a 7 oz. steak with eggs over medium, potatoes and a half order of French toast. The steak was substantive enough it was actually cooked to order - medium - and pretty tasty. The potatoes are seasoned a little oddly (caraway I think), and the French toast is heavy with cinnamon; next time I'd switch to pancakes. Sitting at the counter I saw a number of meals go by and all looked to be generous in size and visual appeal. Although listed in the menu at $7.75, my breakfast was some sort of special and was just $6.50. I'd call that a pretty good deal.

Hits the Spot is not in the greatest area. The neighborhood on West Colfax is characterized by so-called "seedy" motels, pawn shops, abandoned store fronts and the like. So If you are staying downtown you may as well hit Sam's # 3 for this sort of food. But if you should find yourself out on West Colfax, as I did, there is an excellent breakfast waiting for you at Hits the Spot.