“Family oriented and a good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #73 of 390 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Family oriented and a good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with extended family here on a Friday night. Easy to get into, friendly service and lots of families. Check out the funky sunken bar on the right side of the restaurant! Solid Mexican choices, with a standard kids menu available. Bill came in under $20 a person, and the adults all had a drink, so I would consider it a bargain.

Lakewood, Colorado
“Consistent and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Surprised to see the negative reviews of this little place. We eaten there numerous times and always had a great meal. Nothing fancy but always tasty and a good value. Margs have always been delicious and the service top notch. One of the best in Lakewood.

• Visited November 2012
Denver
“Always Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We've eaten here many times over the past few years, and so far, everything on their menu is good. That said, I have tried their red sauce one time, and since then, have always asked them to use their green chile instead, which they do at no extra charge. Their salsa is HOT, at least to this gringo's taste, but their guacamole sauce they sometimes serve is very good. The staff is wonderful, particularly Romero, with attentive service and attention to detail.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Donna S
“Going down in food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Was so hungry but was in a rush and was in the mood for what I was hoping was the best menudo around..but I arrived and got it in 10 minutes and left. Once I got to my destination to eat it, my tortillas were rock hard, the tribe was not washed and tough was not cooked completely. It wells terrible couldn't even chew the meat. Very sad and unhappy at this point. And still Hungry!! That's a problem!!

Lakewood, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

My favorite across the street, Las Fuentes was closed for the weekend and daughter wanted Mexican food. We had a BOGO coupon. Service was fairly inattentive, although the place was fairly empty, we were sat at a table that had not been wiped. Drink Waitress seemed pissed to have to wipe it upon request and took her time. She brought our drinks and didn't take our food order although we were ready. The waiter took our food order. The food came quickly. We had no utensils. A set was brought to my daughter quickly. I was told by the waiter they had to wash some more. (remember place was empty at 8PM Saturday night.) I waited awhile for the utensils. My mole enchilada tasted like someone shook sugar all over it. My one margarita was fine as were the beans and rice. Over a year ago my friend liked the Huevos Rancheros, haven't heard if she still does. I won't be back.

• Visited July 2012