“Good food and fast delivery”

Peking-Tokyo Express
Ranked #27 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 29, 2012

While staying at the southwest La Quinta we ordered from the Peking-Tokyo Express and the food was wonderful. Hunan beef was particularly good (a little spicy) and the delivery was quite fast.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great food! Consistently the best around. Delivery or eat in (be sure to check out the newly remodeled bathrooms too)!

1  Thank SSStruessel
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I get take out from here when I'm in the area and have eaten in a couple of times. The latest yummy food was the hot and sour soup, delicious especially on a cold day after work. I also got the chicken Pud Thai. The Pud Thai here is a little different. It is very saucy which I like, the noodles and soak up all the flavor. It has chicken, tofu and egg. The bean sprouts are on the bottom and get cooked a little by the heat of everything on top. There is no lime on the side to squeeze on which I thought I would miss, but it was delicious anyway. My order was ready in less than 10 minutes.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

The few times I dined here I stuck to the vietnamese and thai menu items. The vietnamese spring rolls are very good and the thai curries and noodle plates are also quite tasty. It is a local place in a strip mall location so atmosphere is not fine dining, but I recommend and will return on my next trip out to this area.

1  Thank Plumed_Serpent
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Okay so with Chinese food, I'm pretty flexible. I like the American-ized version of things and also really appreciate Asian fare when it's prepared authentically. Chinese food for me is like art - I may not know what's in it, how it's prepared and so on - but I know what I like. And I like Peking Tokyo. A lot.

Like Chipotle's guacamole, I feel there is something addictive in the crabmeat cheese wontons at Peking Tokyo. They taste like no other wonton I have ever eaten. An order from Peking Tokyo simply is not complete unless these wonderful nuggets are included. Fried dumplings are dee-lish as well, as are the egg rolls and chicken wings.

I've never, EVER been disappointed in an entree. General Tao's chicken, moo shoo pork, sweet and sour chicken - it's ALL good. Huge portions - yummy AND a good value.

Their menu is extensive and I've probably ordered only a small percentage of it - but it's great every time. So if it's that great, why only 4 stars? Two words: fried rice. It's good when you get something in it (shrimp, chicken, etc.) but if you order it with your entree (as opposed to white or brown rice) it's pretty bland and flavorless. But it's just rice, right? So no harm, no foul.