“Pricey meal pays for the views and the food”
Review of Simms Steakhouse

Simms Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Simms Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 389 Restaurants in Lakewood
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Simms
Transit: Local Public Bus. Union & 6th avenue
Denver, Colorado
“Pricey meal pays for the views and the food”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Simm's landing has been around forever, and recently did a minor remodel to make the bar area more hip, while the dining room remains fairly stuffy. You can dress semi-casual here, but the quality of the food and the occasionally good service will make you self-conscious. The secret here is to sit in the bar area near the fireplace and get the happy hour menu, which is diverse and interesting and very affordable for 2 or 4 people sharing 3-4 plates and a glass of wine or two.

Centreville, Virginia
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Also was there with guests from out of town 4/15/14. The good thing is that the food was great, and the view is awesome, for the most part, the bad thing was the service was horrendous. Now, when one decides to go to an overpriced steakhouse in general, you expect a certain level of service to correspond to justify those prices.

At minimum, I expect my plates to be cleared, to be able to get a straw when requested (not having to get up and go to the bar to seek on out myself) For food to be available, crumbs to be scraped off of the table, and for dishes to arrive on time. We spent over 3 hours there. We felt somewhat invisible and ignored. This was supposed to be a great experience to be shared with out of town family, it was my wife's birthday!

Just a quick note, all the attention from the wait staff, seemed to be on a corporate group of folks next to us. Is our money not green? Is our blood not red? Everyone should be equal, and they have no idea what we do for a living as well. What makes them so damned important to ignore us? That is inexcusable. No if, ands, or buts. I'm sorry, but when you pay premium prices, service is expected to match. To their credit, they did comp a few minor things, but only after we mentioned the terrible service to the manager (who we also had to run down) I'll be turning away anyone that I know from this place. We'll be canceling our future reservation, as well as OUR corporate dinners that we had planned with clients there due to this horrific experience.

It would be nice if Simms management or GM could step up and make this right, but honestly, I don't even expect a response from this review. IF the management or GM were performing their duties correctly in the first place, they would of noticed the consistant string of terrible reviews located here on Trip Advisor. I believe that gross incompetence rules this location unfortunately.

• Visited April 2014
Denver, Colorado
“HORRIBLE SERVICE, good food, high prices, long waits”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Went there with guests from out of town 4/15/14 (Tues at 6:30pm). It was supposed to be my birthday dinner (7people total). Most of the food was good but took forever to arrive. Salads were good, but some in our party thought they were overdressed. Lobster bisque was excellent! However, they "ran out" of prime rib (found out they had their corporate entities in house that night who all ordered the prime rib, so we were second string. Waiter TOLD us this!!), no one ever cleared our table (had to seek out a bus boy), gave us straws for our water after asking nicely twice (we finally went to the bar), scraped our crumbs or poured our wine. We were there THREE HOURS and ordered birthday cake, ice cream and port wine for dessert but canceled it after being ignored and not receiving anything after another painful 30min. Meanwhile, the wait staff was tripping over themselves to tend to the corporate table behind. (Guess what? We are corporate people, too, and we will never recommend that our suppliers take us here!) Finally, after explaining how crappy the service was to the manager we were compensated a bit, but it was still a huge let-down. We had Mother's Day reservations there, but we CANCELED after this abysmal experience.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank artbuyerinco
Alaska
“Great Service and Good Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A group of 10 of us went to Simms for dinner during a nearby conference. I enjoyed the atmosphere and view. Because of the size of our group we had to waitresses serving us and they were both outstanding. They were very attentive, friendly, and efficient. We ordered several appitizers and several different main courses were ordered. Everyone seemed to be very happy with their dinner except my wife. Everyone except my wife ordered meat. She ordered the paella and was disappointed. I ordered the prime rib and was very happy. Good quality, size, and cooked exactly how I ordered it. Be warned that they are proud of their food and their prices reflect it - it is expensive.

I can’t say enough about the service. It was what you would expect when paying top dollar. We would go back.

Bismarck, North Dakota
“Business Dinner”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went here to celebrate finishing an office project. Our whole dinner from beginning to finish was over 3 hours. The service was slow. The food was good. I had a dinner and it only came with 2 pieces of shrimp and 2 scallops. It could have been more for the price you pay. This restaurant is really pricey.