“Great Service and Good Food”
Review of Simms Steakhouse

Simms Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Simms Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Simms
Transit: Local Public Bus. Union & 6th avenue
Reviewed April 1, 2014

A group of 10 of us went to Simms for dinner during a nearby conference. I enjoyed the atmosphere and view. Because of the size of our group we had to waitresses serving us and they were both outstanding. They were very attentive, friendly, and efficient. We ordered several appitizers and several different main courses were ordered. Everyone seemed to be very happy with their dinner except my wife. Everyone except my wife ordered meat. She ordered the paella and was disappointed. I ordered the prime rib and was very happy. Good quality, size, and cooked exactly how I ordered it. Be warned that they are proud of their food and their prices reflect it - it is expensive.

I can’t say enough about the service. It was what you would expect when paying top dollar. We would go back.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went here to celebrate finishing an office project. Our whole dinner from beginning to finish was over 3 hours. The service was slow. The food was good. I had a dinner and it only came with 2 pieces of shrimp and 2 scallops. It could have been more for the price you pay. This restaurant is really pricey.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Food was very good and the view was spectacular. it was a bit pricey but definitely a quality restaurant. We were there a long time, but we attended a military dinner and I think it purposely was slow because of the number of people and the type of dinner

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Nice location with great views but this is spoiled by the service and price for quality. Seems like they believe the unique views allow them to be arrogant and overpriced. Was much better as Simms Landing many years ago. After seating four of us the waiter offered a wine list. We indicated we might want a bottle or two of Cabernet. He immediately pushed $100+ bottles of wine rather than being sensitive to our price range. Most bottles were at the extreme high end of markup 4-5 times retail.

Menu is ok but as said very pricey. We had medallions, Prime Rib and Filets. All were cooked per order but we have had much better for much less.

They offered me a Landrys Select Club card but failed to let me know you needed to keep your receipt to register so its worthless. On leaving picked up the car from valet and drove away only to be called by the manager while 10 miles away that they had kept my car keys needed to restart by vehicle. Had to turn around and go back. An apology but no consideration for the lost time and fuel.

Don't plan on going back any time soon as there are many better restaurants..

1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Simms has always been a satisfying, elegant restaurant with a great wine/ beer choice, menu and service... Similar to another high end restaurant that I used to work at its just a really nice place to take family and business dinners !