“Very over priced for very average dining experience”
Review of Simms Steakhouse

Simms Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Simms Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 390 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Simms
Transit: Local Public Bus. Union & 6th avenue
Denver, Colorado
“Very over priced for very average dining experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Disappointed in the service as it is priced like a fine dining restaurant. Food was good but not worth the price.

Denver, Colorado
“Could have been better...”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a 6:30 pm reservation for New Years Eve. I didn't request a table with a view because I assumed that everyone in town would make the same request. I was upset, however, that we seemed to be sat in the "misfit room", with a view of the valet and my car. I understand that with it being NYE, it was quite busy, but our evening started like this:

We arrive 15 minutes early and tell the hostess that we'd be waiting in the bar for the 5-10 minutes she told us we'd need to wait. We watched at least 10 (total) people escorted to tables before us. When I approached the host stand again at 6:25, it appeared that we had been forgotten. We were escorted to our misfit table. I call it that, because another two-top voiced our exact same complaint. Shortly thereafter, another table was brought in, with a reservation mix-up of names. That table also complained. My water glass, (water being my only beverage) was never re-filled after the initial pour; our empty plates sat for 10 mintes after we finished, with a Bus-Boy next to us, setting the empty table (one of 4) and yet never turned around to remove our plates. When we decided against dessert, our server took approximately 10 more minutes to bring us our check, and another 5 to run our credit card. The manager did come by to ask how things were, early on in our evening, but even when we overheard the conversation with the other upset table, she didn't seem to really offer any solution to the (common) problem. No one said thank you when we left, and honestly, the nicest exchange we had with anyone was with the valet who brought us our vehicle.

I'd go back, as the food was delicious...but the experience wasn't great. :(

Binghamton, New York
“A view of Denver that is superb enhances the dining experience at Simm's.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

First , I have to admit that I love a view, and Simm's has a fab view of Denver. We were seated in a nice elevated table at 7:30 on a Sat w/o a reservation.....and enjoyed every minute overlooking the city. We had the small filet steak and it was done perfectly. The au gratin potatoes were a tad over cheesed, but tasty. We tried the Caesar salad, having just had the best Caesar salad we had had in years at Bernard's in Basalt , CO we were disappointed in the unoriginal but popular bottled creamy Caesar dressing on our salad. We topped off our dinner with an indulgence of the creme brûlée. We read the reviews and sure enough it was topped with fake whipped cream....it also lacked the Tahitian vanilla flavor described on the menu....it was more of a sweet eggy custard....not bad but not what was advertised. We loved the view and enjoyed our steak and veggies and would return for a special dinner if in town again. The staff and atmosphere were quite nice that it made the expense of the meal well worth it for an evening overlooking the city.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not sweating the big or small stuff”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I like good food, professional service, and a great view. This place did one out of three right.

We had two apps, and they were both fried. They came out immediately after ordering. They were warm, and not freshly prepared. It reminded me of how fastfood restaurants keep a tub of fries on standby. These had been standing by. Beet salad was mostly greens with a few beet pieces on top. Seriously? How expensive are beets? My steak was way underdone, so was my friend's. We asked for medium rare. They were blood rare. The bread was like Golden Corral bread. French onion soup was ordered. The cheese didn't cover the top of the soup, and it wasn't cooked properly. We had better french onion at a TGI Friday's (we were Christmas shopping) the next day.

The service was incredibly poorly trained. Our server insisted my steak knife went on the left, came to work 30 minutes late (that's why they kept us seated at the bar while half of the restaurant was empty), refused to bring a glass for my date's beer because "the bartender wouldn't give her one" (my date had to drink it out of the bottle, which is pretty poor service for over $100 a head). She also brushed off a few other requests that well trained servers would have done. Wine presentation was not at all professional. Pity, she was cute and sweet, just
clueless.

Oh, but the view was nice.

This is not a steakhouse. This is one of those places that depends on its view, over charges, and under delivers. If looking out the window at a nice view is your intent, there is cheaper glass to peer through out there, and better food to be had.

1 Thank Otic9000
Denver, CO
“High prices without the quality and service”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Food took forever and the waiter seemed to be overwhelmed. I got the sense he was waiting on the kitchen. It was a special event for our family and we were sorely dissapointed in service and food quality. Prime rib was tough and no flavor, crab was dry, ....just everything was a dissapointment. It seems all they have is the view. We sat and sat many times waiting for our plates to be cleared or for the entrees to arrive. It is every bit as expensive as Capital Grille and doesn't even come close.

1 Thank TShort