“Disappointed”
Review of Simms Steakhouse

Simms Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Simms Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Simms
Transit: Local Public Bus. Union & 6th avenue
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stopped in for Sunday brunch about 10:30am, had no idea it was buffet only, the waitress refered to "upstairs" for breakfast with no mention of price or ever offered a menu.
The food was like eating left-overs that had been left out all night, the potatoes were dry, the vegetables cold and withered. I opted for a fresh waffle but it turned out gooey in the middle. My wife tried the crab legs which were soggy and soft.
Then I was presented with a bill of $54.00 !!
Never going back there.

1  Thank MrJonsson

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Elegant surroundings and a fabulous view of downtown Denver - - happy hour doesn't get much better than this! Room is spacious, servers are very accommodating, and the happy hour food menu is quality food at reasonable prices. Fireplaces and window seating abound. Enjoy!

2  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed March 12, 2012

In all fairness, we went to Simms for an event... However, the entire meal was less than adequate for a very high price. The Caesar salad was a small puddle of greens, over-dressed and abandoned on the ove-sized plate. My salmon was overcooked atop a gloppy, lukewarm risotto; my spouse's rib eye was tough, fatty, under-done and lopped on a pile of equally lukewarm unimaginative mashed potatoes. The family-style vegetables arrived AFTER we had finished our entrees and while their arrival explained our rather lonely-looking main dish, it was out of sync and too little too late.

The hot rolls were good -- but it was clear we would get no more of them as our butter plates were quickly and obviously whisked away.

The creme brulee dessert was very, very sweet and good (but topped with a dollup of "dessert topping," not whipped cream); the coffee was also good.

Yes, group meals are a challenge -- but Simms did not rise to it especially considering the price tag ($70 per person). In addition, the service was a syruppy and unprofessional. Someone needs to work with waiters and waitresses. There are ways to talk to customers and ways not to.

Oh, yes, the view is lovely and the atmosphere at Simms most pleasing -- but it is a restaurant, not a tourist attraction. Go for the view and leave for the food.

1  Thank runningbearly
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Might do this delightful dish,of course w/ Bearnaise sauce ?

Reviewed February 10, 2012

As one who grew up with Simms Landing, I was a bit hesitant to book Simms Steakhouse as the place for our Wedding Night Dinner with family. However, we had attended the Denver Wine and Food Festival when they highlighted their new fare back in the summer of 2010 and we were very impressed with the small sample we were given. I am so glad that we reserved a table for our Wedding Night Dinner Party - the evening could not have been any better! I was impressed with the bread before the food arrived, but the salad and appetizer were also right up there. My entree choice was the Filet Mignon and it literally melted in my mouth! Their selection of beef is premium and extremely tender. Their chefs - extraordinairre! Travis was excellent as our server - cordial, funny and pleasant in every way. He and the General Manager bent over backwards to ensure me the best view in the house, the quietest surroundings and the best meal we could have asked for. Six people in our party dined for under $220, including gratuity (no alcohol was purchased for our party, though I hear their wine selection is quite good). For your next special occasion, make a reservation at the steakhouse in the sky - Simms Steakhouse!

1  Thank BrendaAndBear