“Never again”

Valley Inn Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Have been wanting to try this place for some time. Went in this evening at 7:45(they close at 8:00) and was told by who appeared to be the manager rather rudely the kitchen was closed. Meanwhile they had two lighted signs in the window, one near the front door and one facing the main road saying OPEN. I merely suggested that she turns the signs off since she was no longer taking customers and was told to mind my own business.

2  Thank Chip L

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This family owned restaurant is one of our favorites. It's our "go to" place when we have out of town visitors or if we just want a home cooked meal and we're too tired to cook it ourselves. Their fries are by far the best we've ever had. I usually get the patty melt but my husband mixes it up and gets something different each time. They have American, Greek and Mexican food so whatever you're in the mood for, they have it. Their Greek breakfast is one of my favorites. Their coffee is delicious and the service can't be beat. Many of their employees have been there for over 20 years. I highly recommend this for a good, sit down meal.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you like family, privately owned diners, you will love this one! They same Greek family has owned it for about 40 years. They will make anything you like, any way you like it. They have a Greek menu as well as American food and Mexican food. There is a bar if you want a drink. They are the nicest servers I've ever seen, even when they are busy. The family who owns it generally has a family member at the register and if you were displeased with anything at all, they listen and fix it! Absolutely great food and the fries are the best my husband and I have ever had. I usually have the patty melt because it's my favorite and done just perfectly.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Food is good enough, but expensive. Look at the online menu and add $4 to those prices. $11.95 for a basic burritto, $10 for a cheeseburger. Not worth the effort.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very nice staff. The atmosphere is pleasant and the location convient. The selection of food is nice. All in all a good value and good food.