“MIdwest kitsch at it's finest”
Review of White Fence Farm

White Fence Farm
Ranked #12 of 394 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Denver, CO
“MIdwest kitsch at it's finest”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Great family place except they don't take reservations so you have to wait....sometimes quite awhile which gives you time to explore the gift shop, playground, etc. Nice enough in pleasant weather, but a bore with children in inclement weather. Too many breakables in reach of small fingers. Service is family style and the speciality is all you can eat deep fried chicken. Reminiscent of New England Inns with relish tray (including corn relish, cottage cheese) plenty of hot rolls. Service is efficient. If you get a hankering for a fried chicken dinner try this.

1 Thank miss_utility

Denver
“Best fried chicken west of the Mississippi”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Ok, I haven't had all the fried chicken west of the Mississippi, but I did live in the south for 20 years and the chicken here compares very favorably to good southern fried chicken. The entire establishment is over the top with a farm, live music, gift shops, homemade fudge, and on and on. They do it very well. The food is great. Not just the chicken but the corn fritters excel as well. Service is good and fast.

We have been many times and are always impressed with the staff. We know the owners take very good care of their employees. We have heard more than a few stories of the generosity of the owners. It is reflected in the service and we like to patronize a place which treats its employees very well.

Lastly, if a kid brings in a report card with all A's, they get a free meal. Again the owners are doing something good. Overall, we just love the place. There is something there for everyone.

1 Thank MileHighJacket
Broomfield, Colorado
“Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

A great place for people of ALL ages! The grounds are a great place to walk off that fab dinner you just had, with activities for the kids (petting zoo, tree house, carriage rides - inquire about times for the carriage rides), with inside and outside shops. They even have an area in the main building for entertainment, coffee, and an old time candy shop. What is really impressive about this place is the old country charm . . . . but let's not forget about their wonderful food. Fried chicken is their specialty served with ALL the fixin's and is served family style. You get as much as you want to eat, as far as the fixin's go, and you NEVER leave there hungry. A great place with great food and VERY friendly staff members. A place my husband and I go to more often than I want to admit!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Keebler4u
Denver, Colorado
“Chicken and more chicken!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a nice family restaurant. Southwest of downtown, not very far, with good parking. They have lots of activities for the kids- petting zoo and barnyard. They have good chicken. It is served "family style" and you get extra plates of all the "fixins". I have many friends who love this place and go often.

Visited September 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Just like Gramma's!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family and I make it a point to always visit White Fence Farm whenever we are visiting our daughter in Denver. It has become one of those places that you just naturally assume you will visit at least once a week!

The first time we visited (in 2007), a wave of nostalgia washed over me when I saw the plates they served the family-style sides on--they were the same as my Gramma used to have! When the cottage cheese and beets arrived--I truly felt at home! My Nebraska-born Gramma ALWAYS served these 2 sides with almost every supper (dinner was lunch!! :-) The chicken is the Star--always tasting homemade (NOT like mine!) crispy and delicious. But the dish I crave the most?? The kidney bean salad!! I have begged for the recipe--and it is so simple, I felt sort of silly for asking! But, yummy!! Try it!

Besides the restaurant, there is a great little gift shop, petting zoo (watch out, the miniature horse is a little cranky at times!) and even live entertainment most evenings!

• Visited October 2012