“More than expected”

Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Walked in here a few years ago, just looking for dinner. It was a pleasant surprise.
This year I was again treated my taste buds.
The bread sticks were crisp, the oregano on the bread enhanced an already good flavor .
Succulent rotisserie Chicken, with a tasty white beans, pesto panzanella salad.
The food is well presented and excellent service.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

One of my favourite places to dine, every time I am in Denver. I especially love their starters, and anything from their grille… and the wine list is very, very good as well. HIghly recommended. Consistently gracious service.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I went to 240 Union to celebrate a special event with some girlfriends over lunch. I was looking for a "nicer" place in Lakewood to have lunch and 240 Union definitely fit the bill. The food was excellent, we especially enjoyed the oysters. We also enjoyed a nice Tempranillo off their $24 bottle list. Overall, the food, service and ambiance are excellent. It's good to have a restaurant of this caliber in Lakewood!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

240 Union is a creative grill serving mouthwatering plates that will dazzle all of your senses! Considered a 4 star restaurant the prices are mid to high level but the food keeps pace with the pricing. I highly recommend the Pork Chop w/green onion risotto drizzled with a plum wine & pistachio reduction. Incredible but then again so are all of their other entrees!!! The owner Michael is always around and more than gracious when meeting his patrons.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Ok, they could charge maybe 10% more per dish, and have a nicer location- but once you get inside, the décor is great. I am not sure if eating on the patio area would be as nice, though- in fact, as we drove up and parked head in, our headlights seemed to catch the patrons sitting there off-guard (no, we did not have our brights on...)

I had the whole Idaho trout, which is something you likely won't find much on the east coast; it was very nicely done and presented well. My wife had 2 apps for dinner- grouper sliders (they were fried) and the quinoa salad. Our server recommended Hahn Pinot Noir- not the least expensive option, but a good taste. The mark up was fair, also.

So if the first impression as you drive up matters- maybe a first time client meeting, or a first date- maybe consider somewhere else. Otherwise, I think this is the best Lakewood has to offer, and the best meal I have had in the area.

Been to 240 Union? Share your experiences!