“240 Union is sheer perfection, our favorite in Denver”
Review of 240 Union

240 Union
Ranked #2 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We are in Denver regularly, we have dined here about a dozen times. Each time, whether dinner or lunch, we have loved everything about 240 Union, and every single morsel we have eaten has been deeeelicious.

We had lunch here today to celebrate a special event, perfect choice. Our experience at lunch here today is the same as every time we have dined here. The service is prompt, warm, attentive, yet professional, never cloying. When we arrived it was crowded, yet we were promptly whisked to our table. Even though there are many tables, clever placement of room dividers, use of space, you always feel you are having a private conversation with plenty of space. The service is pitch perfect. You have time to settle, yet you feel promptly attended to. Warm, friendly, and the wait staff knows the menu and give awesome advice if asked. But not that overly friendly stuff, just right.

I also have to give 240 Union HUGE kudos for not caving into this latest "tasting menu" "prix fixe" menu fad/trendy thing, which is fast becoming one of my pet peeves. Just a GREAT menu, so creative, you pick and choose what you want, pay accordingly, 240 Union is a classic great restaurant, and they do not need to succumb to fads, thank goodness.

Now the food. Yowza. We order the deviled eggs every time we go, YUM, they are consistently perfect. We also nibbled the calamari tempura in sweet chili ponzu, calamari perfection. For our entrees, my husband had the special, mesquite grilled pork tenderloin medallions with marsala mushroom, I had the Alaskan Halibut with herb crust, lemon basil aioli. Sublime, seriously. WOW. The presentation is also such fun, our dishes were gorgeous. The last time I dined at 240, I had the lobster corn dog (a special, PURE HEAVEN!!!), and my dawgs were served in a basket with a crimson and cream checked napkin with homemade chips, that is pure love.

Another thing we love about 240 Union, we were in jeans next to business diners in suits, we all felt totally comfortable with each other.

240 Union has consistently outstanding food, service, it shuns the stupid restaurant trendy fad things, it gets what a perfect restaurant experience is all about. Every time we have dined there, the owner was there, working like a yeoman, he is the coolest guy, every restaurant owner should look to him on how to make a GREAT restaurant. Needless to say, we will at 240 Union a lot more!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a great, classy place for lunch. I have never been disappointed. I think it is a little pricy for evening meals, but it is a high class place. It is suppose to be pricy. The service has always been great and the staff are friendly.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is our absolute favorite restaurant in Lakewood and surrounding area. The staff is always professional, the atmosphere is peaceful, and the food is fabulous. We often pop in spur of the moment and grab a seat at the bar if we're headed downtown for a show.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

240 Union is my favorite restaurant on the west side of Denver. It is dependable, the wait staff is friendly and attentive, and the prices are not excessive. I have been going there since the restaurant opened decades ago and highly recommend it.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

240 Union is a must go to place on the west side of Denver in Lakewood. It has been around a long time and the quality has never flagged. The food is consistently good. I am also grateful to the owner for his frequent contributions to charitable causes here in Denver.

Don't miss this store when you are in the area

Chuck Humphrey