“Never Seen a Moose on Colfax Before!”
Review of Moose Hill Cantina

Moose Hill Cantina
Ranked #19 of 394 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Lakewood, Colorado
“Never Seen a Moose on Colfax Before!”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Small dining roon, big food! Try Moose Hill Cantina for a light and refreshing change from the Mexican food norm. Moose Hill may lack in space what it needs, but it more than makes up with it in the cuisine! Well worth the visit!

Visited October 2011

Lakewood, CO
“How long does it take to fry a chimichanga??”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My wife and I tried this place for the first time, and the last. The waiter was friendly, and that's the only positive we can comment on. I ordered a chimichanga, and my wife ordered a ground beef burrito. We ordered our selections, and literally, not two minutes later, our waiter returned with our food. The food was smothered in some type of sauce, and I believe they do it that way to hide what you are really getting. The chimichanga tasted old, as if it had been taken out of the fryer an hour earlier and laid under a heat lamp. My wife's meat tasted as if it had been in the freezer for two years and thawed out earlier that day. We asked the waiter to take our plates away, paid for our margaritas, and hit the road. We will not be back, unfortunately, and we don't recommend you waste your time or money either.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Mike S
Lakewwod, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I am not a crook”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have probably ate there a dozen times or more over the past year. I enjoy the food so much a friend of mine gave me a twenty-five dollar gift certificate for Christmas. It consisted of a Christmas type card and a receipt. The receipt stated "Face Value (BALANCE): $25.00. I threw away the card and kept the receipt, it seemed like the thing to do. On Jan 5 after dining there the Manager refused to honor the receipt. I was blown away. I was told the Christams card was the portion I should have saved.
I spoke with him personally but he was cold and callous and treated me like I was somekind of scammer. I'm a 57 year old man who's has no interest in trying to scam a free $25 meal! For crying out loud. I will never return!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank amaximus
Lakewood, Colorado
“Great family-owned place is an excellent value!”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Okay, so maybe it's not "authentic" Mexican food but it's great for what I consider to be "Mexican food." The service is always great (we've been there 1/2 dz. times or so) and the food is NOT overpriced and someone else mentioned. I appreicate a family-friendly restaurant and this place is great for our young children. The food is excellent as well. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2011
denverlite
“Always an excellent meal at Moosehill Cantina”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My husband & I have been going to Moosehill Cantina for over 15 years. We usually go at least once a month, sometimes weekly. In all of those years we have NEVER had a bad meal. The food and the service has always been consistently good---and the same wait staff has been there for most of those years, too. The chilies rellenos are fabulous, but I especially recommend the Mexican chicken salad with raspberry chipotle dressing--yum! Reasonably priced, clean & bright, excellent food!