“Do It For Your Kid's, Not For The Food!”
Review of Casa Bonita

Casa Bonita
Ranked #211 of 391 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is a place to check out for yourself once and after that you'll probably find out that once is enough! Unfortunately I have been here a handful of times whenever we have family and/or friends in town with their kids. The most recent visit was at the request of my sister when she was in town with her husband and son.

I keep saying to myself every time I come back "surely they've improved the quality of the food since I was here last, they must know that it's considered a joke among us locals!" But, nope! No such luck. I usually order the Chicken Deluxe which is unlimited and starts off with a taco and three enchiladas. Tasteless! So for my refill (don't ask me why, I guess I'm a gluten for punishment) I ordered everything again but this time with beef. Not any better, actually I think it got worse. And if you're thinking you'll just go in without buying food, think again! They actually have a sign that states if you're entering you're buying! The only thing that's not a total waste is the sopapillas. They are usually hot, fresh and delicious with honey!

The service was incredibly slow too! We brought our food with us on trays to the table and began eating however after 20 minutes we still hadn't gotten our drinks although we asked our waiter for them a number of times. Finally I was thirsty (after mopping up all of this "delicious" cuisine), got up and got our drinks for the entire table. We also waited a long time to get/pay our tabs too!

Now for the good - The kids go out of their minds for this place and always have fun! The waterfall, the cliff diver (who was really fun and friendly to our kids by the way), the annoying ape, the cave, the game room, etc....they love it all! Me? I look around and wonder when are they going to update the place, paint a hand-print covered wall, shampoo the carpet, etc. But none of that seems to matter to the kids or the management because after all, this place continues to be packed night after night. Don't let me ruin it for you though, try it for yourself and decide!

There are newer reviews for Casa Bonita

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I returned to the Casa Bonita in Denver this month after not having been there since 1976! It was just like I remembered like going to old Mexico. The performances and high diving were a lot of fun and the food was wonderful. Save room for sopapillas still warm with a bit of honey. Made me feel like the kid I was the last time I was there. Thank you Casa Bonita!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Casa Bonita is about great visual memories. Memories like cliff divers, arcades and puppet shows and the huge fountain outside. Unfortunately, the food is memorable, only not in a good way (except for the sopapillas). The restaurant is definitely showing its age but my kids found it just as enjoyable as I did when I was their age. We spent $100 on a family of four for below average food, but i would go back in an instant because of the memories.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Don't go here for the food! It is cafeteria style mexican food which is not very goo and it is expensive. But that being said the entertainment is fun to watch (gorilla running around and the amazing divers) so as long as you know what to expect, it is fun to go.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

This place does NOT deserve a star! I took my family there for lunch yesterday & we were treated badly by our waiter, food was awful & the entire place was filthy!! We were first seated at a tiny table & when I asked if we could move to a table next to it, our waiter said that they had sent that server home & could not accommodate us. No more than 10 minutes later, another family of 4 (same as us) came in & was seated at the first table they tried seating us at & then asked to move to the one I requested & was moved there! I couldn't help but feel as if it were a racist move because my family is Hispanic & the family that was accommodated was not! I spent $90 on terrible food for 4 of us that upset our stomachs, a dirty environment and a racist wait staff...felt as if I threw my money down the drain!!!! HORRIBLE restaurant, do NOT waster your money & time!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Elena C

Been to Casa Bonita? Share your experiences!