“Novelty & Nostalgia”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed August 17, 2014

First, let's get one thing straight - one does not got to Casa Bonita for a fine dining Mexican spread...rather, the experience of stepping foot in a restaurant that has been a staple of providing entertainment for a nominal fee to the masses for many years.

Moving on...

Upon pulling up to Casa Bonita, the joint was jam packed (it was Saturday at 6pm. mind you), but after a few minutes of driving around, we found parking. Once going in, there was a long, snake-like line of patrons waiting to enter. Fast forward about 50 minutes and we, too, were grabbing our tray of fast, mass-produced Mexican fare.

Our server, Geoff V, was ABSOLUTELY awesome! This little dude was buzzing about tending to many tables and not a hint of stress. He helped get us what we needed quickly and did it with a smile. *** If you are Casa Bonita management - GIVE HIM A RAISE!***

After a few diving and mariachi shows, our bellies were full and the time to jet was at hand.

If you have never been here - you owe it to yourself to go not for the food, not for the entertainment, rather, for the experience in sum.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for fine quality Mexican food and high entertainment, then look elsewhere. However, if you want a day of family fun, then drop into the Casa Rosa or Bonita if you prefer. Food is far from gourmet so expect well-known fast food quality. Entertainment is cheesy but cliff diving is fun. Kids will enjoy it. Consider it a one time experience and have fun with it.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

we were in town from Houston and our cousins said we have to go to casa bonita--she warned us ahead of time that we are not going for the food--just the experience for the kids. well, she was right.

there is a menu but just stick with the e-z meal---either beef or chicken plate. comes with enchiladas tacos beans and rice. it is also unlimited. you reorder only want you want with your waiter (i stuck with the tacos mostly).my sis got chicken and I got beef and when we reordered we just switched with each other :-)

the experience is great for kids!! this will place will keep them entertained for a long time!! a friend of mine said something about the south park casa bonita episode and was asking if that is actually a real place when she saw my facebook post--I laughed and said yes. so then I had to watch it after I went--rofl!!!

again, don't go for food--don't spend a lot of time deciding on what you want either. just enjoy the atmosphere--especially with kids!!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Came here with my parents since they visited this location when they were on their Honeymoon. Both them and myself were extremely disappointed. This was one of my worst restaurant experiences ever. Just imagine a place like Chuck e Cheese except that it serves horrible Mexican food and is 5X as worse as Chuck e Cheese (hard to imagine right?). The layout of this restaurant is very weird and extremely inefficient. You are processed through the front and registers like cattle at which point you order from a menu and then move cafeteria style down a line to get a tray, your food, and drinks. Since the menu offers few items and you wait 30 minutes to even get to the food pickup point you would think it would be ready for you once you got to that point....wrong! It took them an additional 15 minutes to get my very basic meal out. Even if your meal is ready when you get there, it is cold (like my dad's plate was). Once you get through the hell of ordering your food and getting seated, it only gets more annoying. The night we were there, there was too many people and not enough servers. It took 15 minutes to get a bowl of hot sauce and 20 minutes to get our check from the time we asked for it. I would give the service a -5 if I could. Oh and the food.....lets just say Taco Bell or Del Taco look like a 5 star restaurant compared to the "Mexican Food" that this place puts out. The eating atmosphere is terrible. Lots of kids running around screaming bloody murder, distracting "entertainment", and a fowl smelling waterfall. The waterfall looks nice, but the water smells very stale and old (like a stagnant pond). The bathroom were filthy and almost made me gag so I just waited to use one at a gas station down the road. Overall, don't believe the hype and recommendations of this place. It may have been cool at one time, but it is a terrible place now. DO NOT get talked into going here!

3  Thank Brady K
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The theme park atmosphere makes this the place to visit when visiting Denver. The all you can eat food is quite good as well. The cliff divers keep you entertained as does the short stage show. We really had a good time here for lunch.

1  Thank jrundles