“Fun lunch with kids!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Dyer, Indiana
“Fun lunch with kids!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Casa Bonita is definitely all about the experience, and they did not disappoint!! We had a good view of the divers and shows, which had kids enraptured the whole time we were there!! Food is so/so, our server wasn't the greatest either - kept forgetting to bring us what we had asked for (ie butter, more napkins, etc). But we still had an enjoyable time - and the staff who took our orders, got our food and led us to our table were great, very helpful. The other activities - such as getting a group picture taken - were very expensive, didn't do any of those. Would have been more than $60 for one picture of the 7 kids we had along...outrageous!

1 Thank otcarla28

Dalhart, Texas, United States
“Spring Break 2014”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went to Casa Bonita's when I was in high school, it has not changed over 30 yrs. We took our 5 year old daughters and the loved it. The staff was great the seated us by the dive pool and it was perfect and they were very friendly. The food is okay much like a fast food restaurant but it was okay. The atmosphere was GREAT!

1 Thank RWJ_4
Denver, Colorado
“Your dinner order is your admission ticket”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have been here once and I will definitely go back again! This place is like a themepark but really a restaurant. Gotta love the gorilla and the cliff divers. I actually saw the Southpark episode and they are spot on with a lot of the things. When I got directions to here, I was thinking if this place was really in the ghetto...sure enough it is. If you eat this food and need to get a push on through, just head to the dollar store a couple doors down to get your favorite flavored laxative to do the trick. Casa Bonita is not a place to eat. It is a place to enjoy time with friends and watch the kids' eyes light up as the acts go on and listen to the mariachi band play. Don't forget to take pictures while you're there. Nothing says "I survived Casa Bonita" like a ton of pictures with horrible backdrops and a snapshot of the ghetto. When in doubt, drink it up and the entertainment is sure to please.

• Visited February 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“It's the Atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband grew up in Denver and when I went home with him for the first time to meet the parents (way back when we were still in college), he insisted that we go to Casa Bonita. I instantly saw why and I knew right then and there that he was indeed a keeper!

This place is fantastic! I've been back many, many times with him over the years and every single time I am in Denver, I just can't fight the urge to go here. Look, nobody comes here for the food. I won't try to sugar coat it: it's bad. It's plentiful but overpriced and you will "pay" for it later, if you catch my drift. For about $18 you are served an all you can eat Mexican meal (think Taco Bell on real plates) but you also get amazing entertainment with your admission (they even say your meal is your admission).

From the puppet shows, gorilla show, cliff divers, mariachi bands and more, this place is for the young and young at heart. I will never age out of Casa Bonita! I have closed the place down on several occasions, hanging out for several HOURS. Try to get seated by the waterfall and make sure you walk around and explore all of the themed rooms (most aren't used anymore but it's still fun to check them out). The arcades are just "meh."

So chow down on those congealed, lard-laden sopapillas while yelling at the zookeeper to throw a net over the pimply-faced teenager in a dilapidated gorilla suit and thank me for convincing you to check this place out.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank moviegal226
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Go for the fun!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

While they say this is "The World's Most Exciting Restaurant," don't go in expecting great food. You need to understand that this place is not known for its food, but rather for its nostalgia and just plain fun.

I went for my 34th birthday this year. The food wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. The margarita was bad. Should have had a beer. On the other hand, the staff was very attentive, and the sopapillas really were good.

The fun really started when we got up from our table and started exploring. Sure, the decor was over the top, the shows were cheesy, and Black Bart's Cave smelled terrible. On the other hand, the kids got to bust a piñata on the town square, play some video games, high five the cliff divers, and walk out with smiles and good memories. That was worth it.

I must add that many of our family members had the chicken fajitas, and they actually enjoyed them. If you actually want food, that's probably the entree to get.

As long as you go in knowing what to expect, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank ColoradoDad