“It helps to change the way you think of this place.”
Review of Casa Bonita

Casa Bonita
Ranked #215 of 394 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“It helps to change the way you think of this place.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This place is awesome. Our kids, ages 12, 8, and nearly 4 couldn't sit still for 5 minutes and became best friends with the cliff divers. The place is carnival-like with a new show every 15 minutes or so. We got to sit in a cozy booth in a cave underneath a waterfall! The kids kept coming back, breathless and excited, to talk about the cool stuff they saw. My boyfriend and I got to sit in a cozy booth and talk.

Want to really enjoy this place? Don't think, "Hmmm I feel like having Mexican food for dinner tonight. Let's stop by Casa Bonita." You will be disappointed.

Instead, think, "The kids want to do something fun. Elitch's is closed (or too expensive), it's too cold to walk around the zoo and pay astronomical prices for their concessions, I'm tired and it's going to be getting dark soon. Let's go to Casa Bonita. $14 per adult and $6 per kid to get in and stay a few hours? That price includes food and they'll bring me all the sopapillas I want? Sure!"

Maybe if they charged admission instead and included "free food" the comments would change for the better. There was nothing wrong with my meal. I knew going in there it was cafeteria-style. The food wasn't impressive but I liked it. I didn't go there for the food anyway.

3 Thank Dawn H

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“beleave all the warnings”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

wish I could give zero star the food is worse than reviews of bad, sick for 3rd day and going and tasted bad too, cliff diving ha (high school diver) entertainment ha ( high school drama kids) does not rate with fast food, fast food can be enjoyable and edible and I love Mexican
the only Mexican about this food is Tijuana grade diarhea
most staff rude however our waitress was polite but kept us waiting and had to be asked for everything at leaste twice

1 Thank James B
Colorado
“Love it!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I grew up in Denver and of course started going to Casa Bonita as a child, 46 now and still going with my son who is 14.

Casa Bonita is just a different, fun and wonderful atmosphere, I love it.
We were able to catch the Christmas lights up again, there are so many, so fun.

The food: There are people who like the food and people who don't. I like the food, we always order the Beef All you can Eat plate. The sopapillas are wonderful.

Everyone needs to go here once and enjoy the experience, don't expect gourmet food.

Just have fun. Kids should love it here.

Denver, CO
“Great Entertainment...Terrible Food”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I took our friends to Casa Bonita for dinner last month. I had heard so much about this establishment and was excited to see it and experience it for myself. Our friends were visiting from the east coast and had their two young boys with them (ages 5 and 8). We arrived early and only had to wait for about 20 minutes. Later in the evening we noted that the wait time was well over an hour. Dining at Casa Bonita is an interesting experience. Each person must order an entree which costs around $15/person. As vegetarians, we found the menu very limited. I hope that people don't choose to visit Casa Bonita for the food...it is really terrible. I don't know how a restaurant can get away with charging so much for such awful food, but they manage. After ordering an entree, you are seated at a table in one of the many dining areas. I would suggest asking for a table near the waterfall. The inside of Casa Bonita is difficult to describe. It reminded me of an odd mix between The Rainforest Cafe and a cruise ship. There are no windows inside the restaurant. It is a maze indoors...various dining areas, an indoor waterfall, arcades, cheesy gift shops, and caves. Chips, queso, and salsa is included with each order. The queso was the most edible part of our meal. The waitstaff is attentive and friendly. On each table is a placard with the schedule of entertainment. The entertainment staff puts on pirate fights, cliff diving, and other performances centered around the indoor waterfall. The place is filled with kids running around. It was a great place to let the kids run around and expend some energy. One tip...make sure that one person in your party is at your table at all times. Once the table is empty the staff will assume that you have left and seat the next party. All in all...I was happy that I finally experienced Casa Bonita, but I don't feel the desire to ever return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank summerchill13
Columbus, Indiana
“A Must for familys”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Casa Bonita is wonderful for familys. Food is good and service is good. Always fun to visit and much to see and do for the children of all ages.

• Visited November 2013