“Decent Food, Fun Atmosphere”
Review of Casa Bonita

Casa Bonita
Ranked #229 of 393 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went in expecting the food to be terrible, it was better than we had remembered. The water show, the mariachi band, and other gimmicks are fun. Not sure I would want to go there ofter, but a fun experience if you don't mind average food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,341)

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Food is awful . Had better from a TV dinners. First there is a cafeteria line to get in then pay in advance then another cow line . Ugh thought it was just awful experience . By the time you get to the entrance the food is ready and put on a cafeteria tray and a guy guides you to a table . The restaurant is fun and cheesy entertainment . Kids would love it .

1  Thank Cherstyle
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family from Florida met friends with their family that lived in the Denver area for dinner on a Sunday night. The line was long and slow and the food was just ok. The four children all under 13 liked the food and loved all the activities from a cliff diving to magic shows to the game room. By the way I ate at the restaurant over twenty years ago and food is just about the same as I remember--but who goes there for the food we would go back again..

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The place reminded me of an old haunted restaurant from the 70s. They herd you in without allowing you to see the interior of the place. There is a very limited selection to order from on the board when you walk in. You then wait for your food and it is served school cafeteria style. Once we were seated at our table we had to beg our server for all the "free" items they claim are included with every meal - chips, queso and sopapillas.

Please don't waste your time in Denver stopping at this washed up establishemnt.

1  Thank Wendy O
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I read many reviews of this place most of them said the food is not to good. My wife lived in Denver when she was a kid and rembered it as a 5 year old. We are not 5. One of the reviews I read said who goes to Chucy Cheese for pizza. Same goes for me. The cheap show was something a child would love. All you can eat food. Well I could eat 3 bites. I kid you not I wanted to bring in Taco Bell. Then the Sopapillas. They where ok. I almost broke a tooth on the stale chips they served. This is low class food at high class price. Yes we have the kiddy floor show. I may bring my Grand kids back if I ever have some and come back to Denver. Eat before you come and if you do not bring some Tums.