“Location of a rehearsal dinner”
Review of La Cave Wine Bar And Boutique - CLOSED

La Cave Wine Bar And Boutique
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West 4th Avenue
Transit: RTD bus stops immediately in front of 360 Union Blvd. Light rail stop just 3 blocks away opens in April 2013.
Description: Fresh, fine, hearty, healthy and delicious. Our cuisine ranges from the best USDA Angus burger and handcut fries ever, to sushi grade Polynesian Ahi Tuna that is sesame crusted and perched on a beautifully browned sticky rice cake with red tobiko, sriracha aioli and sweet soy glaze. Conveniently located on Union Blvd. in Lakewood, off 6th Avenue, inside the Sheraton Denver West. We specialize in monthly Wine Tastings and Wine Dinners. Social Hour 4-6 daily.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I attended the rehearsal dinner held at La Cave. We had a large party off in a separate area, but the food and service was good. The live music from the bar was piped in, we had great views of downtown and we were all comfortably seated.

Their tiramisu was delightful and a HUGE portion, definitely enough for 2-3 people to share.

1  Thank Bookeworm

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for a graduation weekend, and found ourselves in the bar area quite a bit. The new remodel brought about a fantastic ambiance for a late night drink, or romantic evening. The bartender makes fabulous Mojitos, and the owner was very welcoming and helpful. We ate the hummus pizza and meatballs. I expected typical bar food, but very far from it! Very upscale and top notch food!

1  Thank dmblvlylady
Elizabeth360_360, Owner at La Cave Wine Bar And Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

We appreciate your review! We completed the remodel of the entire restaurant and lounge 21 months ago. Thrilled that you tried a couple of our International Tapas and that you enjoyed them so much. Hope that you are able to return soon so that you can try other offerings on the menu!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Came in there for lunch and breakfast 2 days in a row the buffet was good , but the best was the lunch. I had a steak salad that was citrusy but fantastic , than the next day I had a TO DIE FOR cod burger . My waiter was this really sweet younger guy . 5 star food !!!!

1  Thank Buisnessgal861

Thank you for your review! So glad that you enjoyed our special for the day, served to you by a nice young guy who tries his best to provide stellar service every day. Hope to see you again soon, so you can try other fabulous dishes!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was in Denver with my wife and family for a wedding. We stayed at the Sheraton Denver West Hotel and went to La Cave for a drink. I was served a beer by probably the most professional bartender I have ever met. Went back a few more times during my stay and was constantly impressed by the quality and professionalism of the staff. The morning of our flight out, we had the breakfast buffet which was superb and surprisingly light on the wallet (was were most things)! We made so many memories on our trip, but the number of memories we made at La Cave was a pleasant surprise. I would gladly recommend this place to anyone and we can't wait to be back.....Mario promised to sing us a song in Italian the next time we came.

1  Thank Herman G
Elizabeth H, Owner at La Cave Wine Bar And Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. So happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and please know that Mario keeps his promises! Happy travels to you, and we hope to have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was starting to review La Cave when I read the review by the previous diner who was obviously unhappy about her kid-sized burger. I was astounded by her review because i happened to have been there to witness the entire incident. I was not privy to the actual problem but the owner apologized profusely, and comp-ed the entire meal (much more than the $5 kid hamburger ordered by that adult), but she insisted that the restaurant comp her hotel room! That's not a restaurant review; that's extortion. I have no affiliation with La Cave or any restaurant, but I am a foodie, and I have been absolutely impressed with La Cave's food, service, hospitality and overall commitment to quality. I dine out 95% of the time and am a self-professed foodie. La Cave is a fantastic restaurant--one of the best in Denver. Expect delicious food, prompt service, and excellent hospitality--but don't expect your hotel room to be comp-ed.

2  Thank Jim G

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your understanding given our situation that day. We truly enjoy trying our best to serve guests who appreciate fresh, made from scratch, internationally influenced food, in a contemporary environment, with flawless service. We look forward to seeing you frequently at La Cave over the years!