“I love the food here!”

La Cave Wine Bar And Boutique
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West 4th Avenue
Transit: RTD bus stops immediately in front of 360 Union Blvd. Light rail stop just 3 blocks away opens in April 2013.
Description: Fresh, fine, hearty, healthy and delicious. Our cuisine ranges from the best USDA Angus burger and handcut fries ever, to sushi grade Polynesian Ahi Tuna that is sesame crusted and perched on a beautifully browned sticky rice cake with red tobiko, sriracha aioli and sweet soy glaze. Conveniently located on Union Blvd. in Lakewood, off 6th Avenue, inside the Sheraton Denver West. We specialize in monthly Wine Tastings and Wine Dinners. Social Hour 4-6 daily.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have had breakfast. lunch, and dinner at La Cave, and I have been pleased with my experience in each case. The restaurant and lounge both have an excellent atmosphere: elegant but not frilly and modern while also comfortable and welcoming. (I love the fireplace in the lounge!) Their menu is one of the most interesting in town, and everything I have had has been done very well. I have yet to make it to a wine pairing event, but that is definitely on my bucket list!

There are newer reviews for La Cave Wine Bar And Boutique

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We always have such a great experience at La Cave. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, they do a terrific job in creating delicious food, providing wonderful service, and an overall delightful dining experience. Thank you La Cave!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Absolutely love the ambience - has a romantic vibe - my husband and I love to stop here for drinks and tapas. There is no place else like it in the area. Food has been very good, but it is tapas so also pretty small. I would be inclined to eat here more if there were some more lower priced entree options added to the menu.

Elizabeth360_360, Owner at La Cave Wine Bar And Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of La Cave! We are thrilled that you are repeat local customers and we would love to say "Hi" to you the next time you stop in. The holidays are in full swing so we are having great fun each day trying out specials that are up for consideration on our next menu, which rolls out mid-January. We will definitely have more options on the menu that will have mid-range pricing, and some more hearty tapas for the cold weather we are getting. Thank you again for your review and having us look at more options for you, and all of our customers. Hope to see you soon so you can tell us your favorite wine to drink this time of year!

Elizabeth

Reviewed November 3, 2013

LeCave has done a beautiful remake of the Lobby Bar. The tapas selections are delish and very fairly priced! The wine selections are decent and many come by the half-glass (although I can honestly say...why?). Service is very good. While we enjoyed the drinks and eats, the guitar player was was too loud and conversation was difficult. He never took a break, and wore headphones so probably had no idea how loud he really was. His music was good....just over the top loud. At happy hour....that's where the talk happens...but we found ourselves almost hollaring to be heard. Good thing we were in a booth!

Elizabeth H, Owner at La Cave Wine Bar And Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. So glad you had a great experience at the lounge in our restaurant. It was nice hear that you enjoyed our live Spanish / African Fusion guitar player last Friday night. We strive to make it a fabulous experience for everyone in the various spaces of the entire restaurant, and we are able to change the volume in any and all areas. Guests are always welcome to bring the volume to our attention, and we are more than happy to help to make it a more enjoyable experience. Thank you again for your valuable feedback, and we hope to see you soon - Elizabeth

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nice enough, but boy oh boy, does the staff need some more training.
I was actually ok with the mid 1980's decor in the bathroom (groovy, baby!), but the service at the La Cave restaurant was brutal in every respect. The breakfast buffet sat empty for almost half an hour while the well-meaning but over-matched waiter/busser explained that the kitchen was "slammed" with orders. There were no more than 12 people in the restaurant...8 of whom we're waiting for some food to be placed in the buffet dishes. Perhaps the remaining 4 folks ordered lots of food for their breakfast, but I somehow doubt it was enough to effectively shut down the kitchen.

Dinner the previous night was not much better. Slow service, bad food, high prices. Not a great combo.

Given a choice, won't stay here again.

1  Thank Bigwavesound

It was nice to follow up with you. Thank you again for your feedback, and I am so glad that you will be returning. I guarantee top-notch service for you at our restaurant. Our Core Standards begin by greeting our guests and wanting everyone to be as comfortable as possible in our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again, and wish you well in your travels until then.