“best sushi in Denver”

Wasabi Sushi Bar
Ranked #43 of 410 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I grew up in the DC area, and have travelled globally. No lie. Wasabi is something special. We are so so lucky to have it here in Lakewood. Be sure to steer off of your usual sushi / sashimi choices, though, and go with the suggestions from the servers. The daily chef specials typically include something fabulous and unique... worthy of ordering for sure. YUM!

1  Thank andras801

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is my husband's favorite restaurant. Their lunch specials are very affordable and they have 2 for 1 roll happy hour specials on select rolls. My husband really likes the Sushi B lunch special which has 5 pieces of chef's choice nigiri and a California row. I enjoy their miso soup, their udon (a huge bowl, great on a cold winter's day), and their yakisoba noodles. For lunch, including beers, we can typically spend under $35 for both of us. I'm not a sushi connoisseur but we've never had a bad meal here, nor our friends we've brought here. But, my husband and I don't stray far from the lunch specials.

1  Thank Momo800
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I consider myself a bit of a sushi connoiseur. Went with wife and son. They ordered fried dumplings which I have to say were as good as any I've gotten. I ordered oshinko, which was a nice assortment. Wife got a seaweed salad which was indistinguishable from any to be had elsewhere, but good, as usual. The nigiri sushi was passable. The tuna was dark, suggesting it may be old. I got some toro and it was gristle-y and kind of fishy tasting, and not in a good way. It was the worst toro I've ever had. Usually, it is creamy, melt in your mouth, nutty fatty tuna. I also got the uni and it seemed a little beyond it's prime, as well. Yellowtail and salmon were OK. The portions were on the small side and served with too much rice. With other sushi restaurant choices, I would not go back.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

A friend and I visited Wasabi Sushi in Lakewood, Coloardo and we were glad we did! The Bel Mar area of Lakewood enjoys a beautiful location with a nice array of great shops, diners and coffee shops and entertainment, including a theater.

Wasabi Sushi has an awesome mix of rolls, the normal but also, some really great unique ones. The happy hour here is quite exceptional! You'll enjoy a variety of rolls, nigri and sashimi on the list and the prices are GREAT. My friend and I ordered quite a lot of food but our bill equalled on $35!

1  Thank cordergirl5