“Best ARROZ IMPERIAL I've ever had, always great food here!”
Review of Frijoles Colorado

Frijoles Colorado
Ranked #8 of 389 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Cuban
denver, co
“Best ARROZ IMPERIAL I've ever had, always great food here!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Best homemade CUBAN food in Denver, all of Colorado. I'm Cuban born and my mother made Cuban food for us every day... This is the BEST place ever, authentic, delicious, tasty Cuban food made with lots of love and heart!! We never go anywhere else. The family atmosphere is special here, we love it!! Today I had the FRITA CUBANA (Cuban spiced burger) for lunch, WOW that was so tasty, great flavor!! THE bread is what always brings me back, miss that CUBAN bread! SOFT, fresh and just like every day in Miami. The owners told us today's special was ARROZ IMPERIAL (chicken n yellow rice with baked cheese on top) a specialty!! I haven't had that in years!! We took some home for dinner later. WOW, that was the most amazing dish ever!! I was truly impressed!!! Best I*'ve ever had!!! DO NOT miss this place!! Denver is NOT a food town, but this place makes me PROUD!! PS . they cater too!

• Visited June 2013

“Best cuban restaurant in denver”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The pork is the best item. The rice is too yellow. The owners wife is sorta rude. The owner is friendly and nice.

• Visited May 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Mmmmm...Cuban Food!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have been to this restaurant several times. This past weekend led us to their doorstep again. Absolutely in love with the vegetarian plate - beans and rice, Yuca, and plantains. Couldn't be better. Hubby enjoyed the pork plate; tender, juicy and tasty! Don't forget to enjoy a guava and cheese empanada, too. So worth the drive...

• Visited April 2013
“Authentic Cubano!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Finally! A small, family owned, Cuban restaurant! Authentic Cuban, tastes straight from Mom's kitchen. The lechon was tender and delicious. The black beans and yucca were also awesome. The Flan and Tres Leches were a delicious way to top off a meal.
This place is small (eight tables). You order at the counter. May have to get there early to find a seat. We drove 18 miles to get there and will do it again soon! Que Rico!

Lakewood, Colorado
“Wish it was better”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having spent a lot of time in South Florida and enjoying the great Cuban food there I had often wished for a great Cuban restaurant close to home. I was excited to hear that this restaurant had opened in the hood and gave them a few months before trying them. Slow roasted pork, Lechon Asado, is how I rate a Cuban place. Ordered this and their grilled steak entrees. While the flavor was good, the pork was dry. Usually this is served with a mojo sauce and their menu references the mojo style, but none offered. The red beans were very tasty as were the plantanos. I wrote to the owner the following day with some feedback and would have hoped for a response but nada! I will try and again and hope they stay around but dissapointed that they didn't value the feedback. One advantage was they offer take out which we opted for and seeing how small the place is, I think this is the way to go.

Visited January 2013