“Great Food (Comida muy sabrosa) and great people”
Review of Frijoles Colorado

Frijoles Colorado
Ranked #7 of 394 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Cuban
Vancouver, Washington
“Great Food (Comida muy sabrosa) and great people”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A friendly place where the people who work there and possibly own it (they were so dedicated to quality and service) are warm and friendly. The food was fantastic. The meals are big (especially the plate dishes) and the sandwiches are huge. All of the food is delicious. Cuban pork dishes with lots of garlic and carmelized onion are so tasty. The beans and rice mixed together and the root vegetable really added to a very tasty dish. Don't miss this place if you are in Lakewood!

Visited January 2013

Guaynabo
“Authenic......”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very quaint Cuban eatery. Was recommended very highly by a local Cuban family. Their sandwiches are spectacular!! Their specials are large portions, so if you like to share, then this would be a great place for a family. Most people told me there would be a wait, but I walked in and found a seat right away. Love to hear the Spanish dialect being spoken by the family who owns it. I will be going back to try something new on the Menu. Wish I could find something this authentic from Puerto Rico!

Visited September 2012
Lakewood, Colorado
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was my first venture to Frijoles. I loved the atmosphere, the people and the food. I have never had Cuban cuisine before but the food reminded me of some meals that I had when traveling through Costa Rica and we would stop to eat at the Sodas (ma and pa owned family style eateries on the side of the road) that cook authentic cuisine. I would recommend coming here to fill your bellies!

• Visited June 2012
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is a little place in the Kings Soopers Shopping Center. You walk in and place your order, pay, and they bring it to the table. The pork was fabulous, the steak good, and we did not care for the flavors in the rice and beans. The fried plantains were delicious. There are no alcoholic beverages served. When we arrived the five tables were filled with families and kids. It was worth a try and we would go again but have the rice and beans served separately rather than mixed together.

• Visited June 2012
denver, co
“The BEST Cuban food in Denver! LOVE this Place!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I'm a Miami-Cuban native, years of homecooked meals...this place is just like home!! Friendly family owned, great homemade food, always fresh and great tasting.....my faves....Steak Sandwich, and Cuban Fritas (Burger)......the best food I've had since I left Miami! LOVE THIS PLACE!

Visited April 2012