“Nice walk”

Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Lakewood
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Also look for Lair of the Bear for great, flat walking. one of the Open Spaces

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is a family tradition for my family. There is a beach area that has access to the lake which is roped over from boats. It is kept clean. The water is VERY cold, but on a hot day it doesn't take long to adjust. You can bring your own or rent kyaks. There is a stable where you can take a trail ride. Also, there is an archery range. Lots of trails.

3  Thank Gina K
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We like to kayak on Big Soda lake since it's wake free. They also have boat rentals. Bear Creek Lake is much bigger and accommodates the bigger motorized boats for fishing. There are plenty of bike trails, a swimming beach, picnic areas, etc. I appreciate that every time we go, it's clean, including the bathroom facilities. I also like the fact that they have electrical outlets with which to fill inflatable boats.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Great scenic park just outside of Denver. Only $5 for a daily pass! Lots to offer...camping, horse back riding, swimming, boating, hiking, biking, you name it!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

In all fairness, I visited the park off season. A minimal fee was charged for admission. I think of a park as a place to escape from the hectic daily routine, but I felt like the confusion was all around me. I found it to be too open for my liking, too close to a major highways, and within eye shot of a large home improvement store. There are large water bodies within the park, but one of them has a sign clearly posted not for swimming, and somehow it gives you the impression there is something wrong with the water. There is a large dam within the park which might be of interest to some. Camping area was unimpressive. Most areas looking old and in need of repair/updating.
The view of the mountains was lovely, and I imagine sunsets would be spectacular. The roadways are nicely paved for cyclists and walkers alike. Overall just not enough positive features to make me return.