“Sad Ending”

Lakewood, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sad Ending”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at UB 4 times. The food is FANTISTIC and the service is usually good, with ample time between courses to visit. I wanted to introduce another couple to this treasure, I made reservations stating it was an anniversary for 7pm August 23.

When we arrived the resturant was pretty full. NO table was set-up for us, so we waited. Our waiter took our drink order, brought the wine/water, took our food order and WE NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN, until he brought the bill, and asked if we wanted dessert. Other wait staff we flagged down, brought bread and more water.
The food came from the kitchen hot, beautiful and delicious!!!
Later a delightful waitress took our plates, asked about our food and brought coffee. We all were so unhappy with "our" waiter we didn't order dessert.
I visited UB August 27, spoke to Mrs. Owner, I told her the above info.She never said Oops, Sorry or anything,but defended HER assignment of her wait staff???
I won't be taking any other friends. It's embarassing.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ginger P

Los Angeles, California
“Not So Good...Avoid”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Lousy service; even the owner wastes time yapping while cuztomers are left waiting. Food is not very good. They try to call it French but it is really bad if that is the comparison. Even the wine list is poor.

“I love this place!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

I try to come here for dinner every time I'm in Lakewood! The food and service are excellent. Its a great place to catch up with an old friend and enjoy a leisurely meal without feeling rushed. The beer and wine selection is great too. Calamari and hummus are my favorite appetizers, and I love the pork chops!

1 Thank Indymanda78
Elmhurst, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat, drink and leave happy”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is elegant restaurant, white tablecloth, linen napkins, tastful decor and most of all friendly owners providing you with great food and service. Excellent sunday brunch, roast duck or saurbraten is a must. Remember you will return.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank heroutp
Truckee, California
“A real current day european/german/Czech restaurant”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This is a mom and pop shop - the owner is the chef, from Czechoslovakia (i believe), his wife is the hostess. The food really is authentic from the area - i am sure it is rich in butter and sometime fat, but i do not think overly so like another reviewer documents. i think the soups are outstanding, salads good, entrees are all excellent - i have eaten there a dozen or so times in the last 6 months - both with business dinners and by myself at the bar - the ONLY complaint i have is that the floor staff is a little inexperienced for the quality of the dining, but this really is not that big of deal to me. Great european beers on tap... anyway, if you like good french/german style european food - of the highest quality, this is the place to go (i know they even grew some of their own produce, including tomato, last summer,- how can you beat that? )

• Visited February 2012