“Close to Red Rocks!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Alexandria VA
“Close to Red Rocks!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

The hotel was old and a bit run down, but the location was perfect! Just 15 minutes to Red Rocks...being close was our goal. The room was clean, but the carpets did have stains and the walls had some repairs (holes). The bathroom was very clean. We thought the bed was extremely comfortable. The room was HUGE! It had a living room and separate bedroom which was nice. The remote didn't work on either TV. We also couldn't get access to the Internet despite calls to their help line. The pool was sparkling, but we didn't go in. The kitchenette had a full size fridge, 2 burner stove top and microwave. Please note: this property IS a 2 star hotel and NOT luxury accomodations so keep that in mind!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TracyfromVirginia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lakewood, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

I advise you to look elsewhere and here's why:

* There was a dead fly & a pubic hair under the pillow when I checked in
* To say the room stank is an understatement
* The place was filthy
* It appeared to be a rooming house for drunks
* A cab driver pounded on the door next to mine for 2 hours

Do yourself a favor. Find a different place to stay. I wish I had.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank colorado80228
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

As you've probably already read in most of the previous reviews. This hotel is gross. We originally made our reservations for 3 nights and within a few hours of being at the hotel were already discussing checking out early. The sofa bed was pulled out and had no linens, its was disgustingly dirty and stained. The bed in the back room had brown ---- stained all down the sides. The air conditioning didn't work very well and not nearly enough to move air to the back bedroom. During the night the air went out. Tried calling the front desk letting the phone ring and ring and no answers. Refrigerator froze everything in it.
I would never ever ever stay at an Extended Stay of America again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TerriWolf
cincy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

The place is a dump. Beat up outside and the rooms are not much better. Hard beds. 20 yr old basic black 20" TV's without full cable. I tried to watch a movie on USA and the reception kept going in and out, mostly out. I checked out a few other rooms before selecting one and they all smelled really bad even though non smoking. Plus they do keep the rates a mystery.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank grifty
lguirnela
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

This was the worst hotel I have ever been to in my life. We had been driving all day and were searching for a room for the night. This was the filthiest, cheapest, most disgusting run-down dump I have ever been to in my life. When we first got there, for some reason the guy at the desk said he couldn't check us in until 10:30 pm.

When we came back, we got a room on the bottom floor right next to the office, which smelled like smoke. The walls are so thin, I heard everything that went on outside, and saw all the car headlights that went through the parking lot. Not to mention, there were three of us and our room only had two single beds. The beds squeaked every single time you moved, and the room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. There was a red M&M candy on the floor by our bed. There was some kind of stain on the sheets, and I woke up with hair in my mouth from whoever slept in that bed previously. It was SO disgusting. There was hair EVERYWHERE, especially in the bathtub, sink, towels, and in the bed sheets. The ceiling above us had grease stains, and the TV was tiny. Not to mention, it had NO REMOTE, and the volume didn't work. The lamps were dim and full of grease stains. They provided a coffee maker, but no coffee. The stove didn't turn on, and the pots provided were sticky. The heater was loud and smelled like wet dog.

The guy at the desk lied and said the internet service was free, but turns out there was a $5 fee to use it. They only provided one bar of soap, and luckily we brought our own because the soap they provided smelled like a rotten bowl of oatmeal. It even had oatmeal chunks in it. The bathroom was so unsanitary that I gagged while I was brushing my teeth. The toilets were loud and constantly clogged. I was scared to sleep in that bed that night because it was so dirty, and I didn't dare take a shower in that filthy bathtub. We kept our water bottles in the fridge but they didn't seem to get any colder overnight. There were bugs everywhere, and I woke up with a black spider on the ceiling above my bed. Had I known the room would have been this way, I would have brought a tent and slept in the Rocky Mountains instead. It would have been FAR cleaner.

• Liked — Nothing. I would have rather slept in my car.
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lguirnela
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2008

This place is not a good place to stay at period to be polite about it. I stayed there long term. Around 5 months to be exact, I was there for business and wasnt impressed at any time to be truthfully. Its outdated (dont let the photos fool you) all around. Rooms are scetchy, Bed are HARD as you can imagine, climate control is old and if your there during the hot months the air conditioners freeze up completely and dont cool at all, and the maids clean the room 1 time per week if your there for a week or longer. The staff seems not to care if you stay there long term and wont tell you about the true room rates. Example, if your staying for months at a time they have a monthly night rate, if you stay by the week they have a weekly night rate, and a day rate. I was there, and told them to book me for months, and they billed me for the weekly rate. In the end I ended up paying over $600 for my stay and they played stupid when I confronted them about it and corporate does absolutely nothing if you email them but send it directly back to the hotel your at. My car was also vandalized when I was there and they claim they have great security cameras but nothing was ever done. They have no hot tub and the pool was never open when I was there and they have no REWARDS program to participate in so the effort to stay there along with rate is NOT worth it. Lastly, the police were called there on countless occasions about abuse calls so the cops were sworming the property at late hours. Not a good stay at all overall.

Stayed September 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2007

Though it was posted as a non-smoking room, it smelled horrible and had obviously been a smoking room earlier that week. I also found trash on the nightstand from previous guests and pubic hair in the tub- ewgh! I'm not sure if the room was even cleaned before I got there. It wasn't even locked when I first went in. The door had just been left open. By far, the worst hotel I have been to in a long, long time. Even cheaper hotels clean their rooms properly! I will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America hotel again.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank hbgirltraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
BEST WESTERN Denver Southwest
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West? Share your experiences!