“Best to find another place”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Staff was helpful and friendly. Room clean but shabby. property needs a MAJOR facelift. This is Lakewood, I would expect better. The city should expect better. Stayed for the kitchen mainly in a suite where there was no bedroom door. Should have an air conditioner in both rooms. Things were missing, but we did get those items. Lighting TERRIBLE in the room. Stairwells completely dark at night. Most guests friendly, but to the staff's credit, they did kick an unruly family out. Plenty of hot water, bath plumbing in good condition. Being there would make me afraid to go there again for fear of what other guests leave behind!!!

Room Tip: Don't get a suite here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank teklamom
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel.  I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff.  Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account.  You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I booked this online based on the price and photos. It was only $20 cheaper per night compared to some other area hotels, but was far below in quality. The photos make it look clean but simple, which would have been fine. However, the room looked really shabby in reality. The sofa sleeper that my child would have to sleep on, I wouldn't have wanted to touch, much less sit or sleep on. The carpet was ancient. The walls had been painted and it was supposedly a non-smoking room, but I have allergies and could tell immediately that it had been a smoking room at some point. The whole place just seemed really run down. The quality makes you question the cleanliness and worry about bedbugs, etc. Go over to the Hampton Inn if you want a proper hotel (maybe 20% more expensive, but about a hundred times nicer).

I will say that the receptionist at the front desk was extremely kind and helpful when we checked in. After seeing the room, we explained that it wasn't what we were looking for, and she issued me a refund right away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel.  Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff.  I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Our company strives to provide great rooms which are clean and comfortable for our guests to enjoy. Housekeeping keeps them in top-notch shape by cleaning them at least once every 7 days, additional days in between if requested by a guest and after each guest checks out of the hotel. I apologize if we did not meet our quality standards in your case and will work with my staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

As well, our hotel provides basic amenities in all of the rooms. While this does not include shampoos, soap or hair dryers, a guest can go to our Front Desk where we do keep a limited supply of these sundries to be enjoyed complimentary. I will definitely speak to the team about communicating this better upon check-in.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had bedbugs while I was at this hotel. They gave me another room and washed all my clothes for me, so I appreciated that, but was not happy with the fact that I had to put up with the bugs for any time. I had welts all over my arms and some on my legs and face. I left after one night in the second room. I was just too freaked out.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff.  Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

this place is gross! the staff was dirty and rude, and i had to buy blankets to sleep on the bed...not in it! there were hairs and other unknown "stuff" on the sheets! it was the worst money i have ever spent to stay in a hotel that was offered up by expedia.

Room Tip: there are several other hotels to choose from further north on Kipling and I70 frontage road. i wish...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank amy s
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for the constructive review and we apologize for your unpleasant experience. This information is invaluable to us as we are continually looking for ways to improve our service. Please be assured that this feedback has been discussed with our staff and we have reestablished existing processes in order to prevent these issues moving forward. Again, thank you for the information and we hope that you might consider us in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

For the price, it's not bad. Some things could sure be better. There were only two rather flat pillows in our room so I went to the desk to get more. I was told they were completely out of pillows...really? They were waiting for some to arrive at some unknown point in the future. When we turned on the TV, several of the channels emitted a high pitched squeal during all programming. The A/C was old and didn't do a very good job at keeping the room cool (it was over 100 degrees during our stay). They acknowledged the old A/C in a handout in the welcome packet, but I think this is something that should be mentioned ahead of time during summer. I did look over the bathroom very carefully and it looked clean at least to the eye. The space to work was adequate and we really just used the fridge (which was clean) to keep drinks cool. We've stayed at their Lakewood South location several times before and it's in better working condition than this location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. With our older properties, ongoing maintenance is our top priority. We try to keep our guests informed so that expectations can be met appropriately. We apologize that this in this instance, we fell short. Guest comfort is our #1 goal and we appreciate the suggestions on how to make improvements. Again, thanks for the information and we hope that you consider us in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Not in the greatest condition, but this hotel has everything I need for a quick stay. Seems fit for someone staying a while too. The kitchen comes stocked with everything I need to make a meal including a fridge, and stovetop! Internet is not great, but it's free. Hotel could definitely use a remodel but the staff seems comfortable. They take pride in their jobs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel.  It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.  Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers.  That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

i stayed here a week ago and it was awful in every way--the elevators and walkways were in terrible condition , room interior was filthy everywhere-bathroom walls, toilet seat, kitchen sink, refrigerator, ick, could hardly sleep. i arrived in the evening, was tired and hungry so I didn't have the energy to change hotels. do not stay here!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Southwest Lakewood
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West? Share your experiences!