“You get what you pay for”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed June 26, 2012

For the price, it's not bad. Some things could sure be better. There were only two rather flat pillows in our room so I went to the desk to get more. I was told they were completely out of pillows...really? They were waiting for some to arrive at some unknown point in the future. When we turned on the TV, several of the channels emitted a high pitched squeal during all programming. The A/C was old and didn't do a very good job at keeping the room cool (it was over 100 degrees during our stay). They acknowledged the old A/C in a handout in the welcome packet, but I think this is something that should be mentioned ahead of time during summer. I did look over the bathroom very carefully and it looked clean at least to the eye. The space to work was adequate and we really just used the fridge (which was clean) to keep drinks cool. We've stayed at their Lakewood South location several times before and it's in better working condition than this location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. With our older properties, ongoing maintenance is our top priority. We try to keep our guests informed so that expectations can be met appropriately. We apologize that this in this instance, we fell short. Guest comfort is our #1 goal and we appreciate the suggestions on how to make improvements. Again, thanks for the information and we hope that you consider us in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Not in the greatest condition, but this hotel has everything I need for a quick stay. Seems fit for someone staying a while too. The kitchen comes stocked with everything I need to make a meal including a fridge, and stovetop! Internet is not great, but it's free. Hotel could definitely use a remodel but the staff seems comfortable. They take pride in their jobs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel.  It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.  Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers.  That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

i stayed here a week ago and it was awful in every way--the elevators and walkways were in terrible condition , room interior was filthy everywhere-bathroom walls, toilet seat, kitchen sink, refrigerator, ick, could hardly sleep. i arrived in the evening, was tired and hungry so I didn't have the energy to change hotels. do not stay here!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had stayed here before and the hotel is now decrepit and old. Filthy stairways and filthy in general. Beds hard as a rock and lousy internet service.

Everything is worse and the rates are higher now so the hotel is half empty. Avoid.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Fortunately we were lucky and got a newly refurbished room and slept well. The housekeeping is horrible - esp OUTSIDE the "house"!!! Right next to Hooters, so you can kind of imagine the clientele that frequents this place. Cigarette butts and cig smoke all over the stairwells/elevator. Many rooms had BBQ grills sitting next to the doors - got the idea? Bags of trash (dirty diapers??) blocking the stairwells were still there the next morning. Elevator reinspection was 2 months overdue. No alarm clock, hair dryer. 19 inch TV??? Obviously the owners don't care about the cleaniliness OR maintenance at all! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RockyMtnRd
Reviewed May 8, 2011

The room was reasonably clean when I got in, but not perfect. I have rarely been in one that was. Management is helpful, and staff tries to be, but there is only so much they can do with a property that desperately needs an upgrade to keep it from falling out of the acceptable category. The laundry is small for the size of the property and there's only two things of worth withing walking distance... a gas station and Hooters. It is close to the interstate (not really an interstate, but it might as well be). There occasionally are some characters that stay there, but management has a "don't stay" list that they check to make sure they don't come back. Dogs are welcome, but I rarely have heard one. Rooms have good insulation which may be why THIS HOTEL HAS THE WORST INTERNET CONNECTIVITY OF ANY I HAVE EVER STAYED AT. It constantly fails, but the worst is the extremely low signal. You can get a better signal from the houses in the back of the hotel. Support is through a private firm and they are no help whatsoever as they can't do anything about it. I have stayed here in multiple rooms over the last 5 months and it is ALWAYS the same. Either the routers "have fallen down and need to be reset" or the signal is so low that you can't do anything anyway. This is the first place I have stayed that I actually wish I still had a dialup account. Yeah.

Room Tip: Get the larger room if you will stay over a month.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I was hesitant to stay here because of the negative reviews, but it was the best location for my trip and in the price range I wanted to pay. It's a two-star hotel at best, and that's mainly because of the age of the property. It looks like upkeep was put hold at some point in the past, and it really could use a a major renovation. There's one small, slow elevator, so your best bet is to use the stairs. They could use more parking. But since I wasn't expecting the Hilton, I don't have any serious complaints.

My room was clean and everything was in working order. Maybe older and a bit worn, but I didn't see any obvious stains or damage. The dishes and silverware were very basic, but clean. The enormous room took days to heat up with the baseboard heating system, though -- I don't know when anyone last stayed in that room, but the thermostat was turned all the way down. That's my one major complaint. Yes, the beds are hard, but that didn't bother me much.

I had no problems with the internet (when you first use it, it says something about a fee, but hotel staff told me that you're not actually charged). Also, staff were very friendly and helpful, even when I lost my key. I didn't encounter any noise problems during my stay, but it was during the middle of the week, not the weekend, if that makes a difference.

I would recommend this hotel, but not to everyone. I think it's best if you're really trying to save some money on shorter, non-vacation stays. If you're on vacation, you'd likely be more comfortable at another place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Astatine-85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver - Southwest/Lakewood
Comfort Suites Lakewood Denver
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Southwest Lakewood
Holiday Inn Denver Lakewood
1 mi away
TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Lakewood West? Share your experiences!