“I am a little high maintenance”

Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Ok I meditate and I like to sleep with my head facing north. I am in this hotel a lot and asked for a room facing north. I got in late and got the last room, not facing north, and I was cranky and tired and, in spite of my unique request which was not possible to grant, the next day staff did what they could. I was kind of crazy with tiredness, work stress, etc. (Not enough meditation) I was moved to a better room, and the staff who helped me were really sweet. They left a gift bag. I am not really used to people making an effort to be sure I am happy, and they made that effort after not being able to grant the unique request I wanted. It is hard to describe how disarming kindness is to the presence of tired crankiness. I love my little hotel where I come so frequently. And I hope I learn to behave better, however I have enjoyed the perks of kindness. Comfy and convenient, I like my eggs and canadian bacon and fruits and dinners at night. The Brats were great!. People seem happy here.They asked about the airport below. It is about 40 minutes, Not really the issue for me as it is convenient for me for business. Will be remodeled in August or so.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Shelagh K
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood

Reviewed July 22, 2014

While the front desk people was nice and tried to make things right, we were very disappointed in this hotel. We normally love Marriott's because there is consistency across the country but this one had holes in furniture, patched walls, frayed curtains, light bulbs out, and TV's that didn't work. We had to keep asking for rooms to be cleaned and for more towels & washcloths from the cleaning staff. They are getting ready to undergo renovation so a lot of these problems will go away this fall hopefully.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kikikiwi123
Jessica B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Lakewood. I am very sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay. The hotel is planning a full renovation for September 2014 and believe we will be well above the Marriott standard after this takes place. Again, I apologize. You are important to us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Don't judge the hotel by the condition of the entryway, which was a bit of a mess -- dirty, unswept -- or the hallways with carpeting in need of cleaning. It's an older Residence Inn, though it's been refurnished with the one-armed red sofa and vinyl chair. The room was really quite immaculate and comfortable. Wifi was fast and dependable. Quiet location set among office buildings. A Denny's and a Chinese place about a block away and a list at the front desk of places that deliver. Alma at the front desk should get a raise -- outstanding customer service kinda like all Marriott properties used to be.

Room Tip: Location is very quiet, but I always ask for the top floor in Marriott hotels since there's ofte...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank biztravelerChicago
Jessica B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I apologize for the unkept look the hotel had when you visited us. I have addressed this - total hotel cleanliness is of utmost importance and a strong focus has been placed on this. The hotel will also be undergoing a full renovation in September 2014. We look forward to showing you our new look. Please come see us again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I'm the team mom for a girls basketball team, and this is the 5th year we have stayed at this property!!! We have traveled with as little as 30 people to as many as 60, every time it's been great. The convenience of the breakfast is wonderful, they have even set up early on a few occasions when our games are super early & we have to leave before the normal breakfast hours. The staff make us feel right at home & Im sure the "new" team mom next year will continue the tradition. Rooms are always clean & comfortable, they even have a foam topper at front desk to make the sofa sleeper a little more comfortable. The girls stock the fridge with drinks & snacks, & some rooms have mini ovens that we like making cookies in. Very convenient to Belmar, a wonderful shopping district.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jen P
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night before starting our Colorado vacation. We very much enjoyed the evening Manager's Reception with a nice offering of hot food and free beer and wine.

Our room was quite spacious and very typical of the Residence Inn properties. The high speed Internet was of decent bandwidth and we had no problems connecting with all of our devices.

The complimentary breakfast was also very nice and consistent with the RI brand. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed chatting with the staff and other guests at the evening reception. We would definitely stay here again on future visits to the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TSchenk
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel was clean, quiet, and spacious. The staff was super friendly, especially Alma at check-in. She went above and beyond. The free breakfast was a nice amenity plus the the free dinner a few nights a week. The hotel is also convienently located.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew V
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Refrig freezes food. Towels were worn n dingy. Breakfast selection was limited & not appealing. Evenin social hr - nacho. Beans were hard. One room wasn't refreshed. Staff weren't happy to b workin there. Will not return! Don't stay there.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lii47

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I am very sorry about the issues you experienced during your stay. I have addressed the problems you mentioned and assure you it will not happen again. We care about your feedback and take it very seriously. Thank you again and please come back again.