“Nice location and Friendly Staff”

Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Mountainair, New Mexico
“Nice location and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night before starting our Colorado vacation. We very much enjoyed the evening Manager's Reception with a nice offering of hot food and free beer and wine.

Our room was quite spacious and very typical of the Residence Inn properties. The high speed Internet was of decent bandwidth and we had no problems connecting with all of our devices.

The complimentary breakfast was also very nice and consistent with the RI brand. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed chatting with the staff and other guests at the evening reception. We would definitely stay here again on future visits to the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TSchenk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel was clean, quiet, and spacious. The staff was super friendly, especially Alma at check-in. She went above and beyond. The free breakfast was a nice amenity plus the the free dinner a few nights a week. The hotel is also convienently located.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew V
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Refrig freezes food. Towels were worn n dingy. Breakfast selection was limited & not appealing. Evenin social hr - nacho. Beans were hard. One room wasn't refreshed. Staff weren't happy to b workin there. Will not return! Don't stay there.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lii47
Jessica B, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I am very sorry about the issues you experienced during your stay. I have addressed the problems you mentioned and assure you it will not happen again. We care about your feedback and take it very seriously. Thank you again and please come back again.
Warmly,
Jessica Barrows
Dual General Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We usually stay at Residence Inn hotels as we have a pug and they are extremely pet friendly. This location was no different - wonderful layout in a newer building, clean rooms, comfortable beds, fluffy pillows, and a patio that makes it easy for our dog to go out and use the restroom. We left at 5am, so the hot breakfast wasn't out yet, but yogurt, fruit, and cereal were, so we grabbed some for the road at the prompting of the front desk clerk. No need for hotel services, though everyone was friendly. I would say that this location is just a bit back from the main road than most others, which could be a bonus to some. Overall a nice place for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are great for those with pets as they offer easy access to the outdoors.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AshleyGries
Colorado
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here because of an early morning medical appointment and snow was in the forecast. We live at 9,000 ft. in the mountains.
The hotel met and exceeded all of our expectations. The rooms were very clean and the hot tub was a nice respite from the cold outside. The property is close to US 285, but far enough away that we did not hear any road noises. The staff were very friendly.
The only negatives and they are trivial were 1) The Market in the hotel was adequate, but not overly abundant with choices, and 2) the turner on the microwave in our room needed repair. It only worked intermittently and often made loud clunking noises. As a result the Teriyaki meal that we got from the Market was burned on one side. If you plan on eating in the room, you may want to bring your own ready to eat meals. The complimentary breakfast was warm and supplied with all that is usual for a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dr-YooHo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Your staff was quite nice. I had made a reservation about a month ago, but it was nowhere to be found in the system. I originally went to the property at Denver west and was told they were booked for the night and that I must have made a mistake. I was sent to the Lakewood property without even a phone call to check my Res. When I arrived, I was told I had none. I have stayed at several Residence Inn's in the past, and felt no qualms about booking your largest room based on those stays. I had counted on the evening receptions (when I booked on the website, it said it hosted one nightly), so I had not brought food/beverage for apps, etc. I was informed that "this property" did not have one on Saturday evenings. The room had a low ceiling and a cramped feeling with a view of a wall. There was almost no one staying there, so I don't know why I was given such a crappy room after paying for a 2 bedroom queen and being told "we have plenty". The furniture was dirty and low rent and upon pulling out the couch bed, found there were no linens anywhere for it. I called down and the same super nice front desk guy came up with some sheets and handed them to me. No pillows, no blankets, no comforter. I asked about those and he said "I thought you just wanted linens". As I made my own pull out bed (one of the most uncomfortable, old, stained mattresses), he showed back up with some pillows and a worn out thin blanket. No comforter. Seriously...my kids told me the next morning they froze. It was 7 degrees outside, and sometime in the night we discovered a draft. Thanks for that. All in all, I will be very careful before booking again, and would never ever recommend this particular property. It needs tremendous updating, but the location is so crummy, I don't know that it calls for it. I would ditch this property if I were in charge of your chain. All I could think about was getting back to the comfort of my home. The kitchen was probably most in need of updates. Flatware was bent up...three old plates for a 2-bedroom...stuff like that. Your staff, however, is very kind though the poor guy seemed to be doing absolutely everything himself on a Saturday night.

Room Tip: Choose the Denver West property for a better location. I don't know if the rooms are better, bu...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I apologize that you experienced some problems during your stay. The Residence Inn Lakewood will be undergoing a complete renovation in September 2014 and will address most of the concerns you mention. In addition, a strong focus has been placed on staffing and cleanliness. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Warmly,
Jessica Barrows
Dual General Manager
London
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed 5 nights in two bed suite. Well equipped kitchen and good bedrooms. Breakfast also was very acceptable. Easy drive to malls, Red Rocks, Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave and Downtown. Very clean. would use again if in area. Good views over the Rockies at Sunset.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family