“Great Location! Great Amenities! Knowledgeable Staff!”

Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was my first time visiting the Denver area and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The location is not too far from the airport and is centrally located from all the hot spots Denver has to offer. The full kitchenette is a Spartan travelers dream along with the services offered for your convenience. The hot breakfast was very good and offered several options. The indoor pool and hot tub were perfect after our long mountain hikes. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and know the lay of the land well. We had a general idea of what we wanted to accomplish, but after consulting the FD agent he helped us take full advantage of our short time here! The AGM Dan was very hospitable as well and made sure our expectations were exceeded. Overall I highly recommend this property for your future travels!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colin L
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is a hidden gem, literally. The location is a bit obscure (like most hotels in the area). However, the location is very central to many sites and yet still secluded enough to get a good night's sleep. The thing that sets this place apart is the amazing services offered by the hotel for free. This is what makes the hotel a huge bargain. There is an indoor pool for starters which I have found out is a rare thing I'm the Denver area. Second, they have awesome kitchens to save money on food. Third they have a small basketball and volleyball area our front. They also have an out door grill. The big two shining features for me though are #1- A new hot breakfast choice everyday, as well as a free hot evening meal with free beer wine and soda! The second biggie is that they offer free grocery shopping. They put it in the room bill, you just write a grocery list in the morning and you come back to a stacked fridge. I loved this so much. The staff were all very polite and thoughtful. I would recommend this to anyone from families to business travelers and beyond because the features are superb.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank thunderkitty
Daniel H, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you so much. The Residence Inn brand was developed as a sort of home away from home. We are excited that you were able to use so many of our ammenities and that we were able to make your stay comfortable. We are so grateful that you would share it in a review for others to understand the benefit of our brand.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I stayed here due to all the flooding last month. We've had to stay in a lot of hotels, and it has been tough on all of us. Beds have been lumpy. People have been rude. Rooms have been small and sometimes even dirty.
Until we arrived here, The Residence Inn; it feels like a place we can actually relax and settle in, for a little while.
The room is large and well laid out for our extended stay situation. Though the furnishings are not brand new, the room was spotless and obviously well cared for! The best part is, mommy doesn't have to worry about us ruining the furniture here, YAY!!
We are on a very quiet side of the hotel where the orange ones and I can enjoy sunning ourselves in the windows as we watch squirrels and bunnies.
And I hear the beds are SUPER comfy!!!
Everyone is enjoying their stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SuePurrQT3-14

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us. As an extended stay hotel, we try to make it as much like home as we can. It can't be that much like home if you can't bring the furrier of the family members! Thank you so much for the review, we hope you won't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We are Marriott Gold Club members and have stayed at numerous Marriott properties. This hotel does not deserve to have the Marriott name on it. The rooms are in desperate of updating and the room was dirty. The bedding was old and what you would expect from a dumpy hotel. The furniture looks like something a college student would reject. We stood at the check in desk for five minutes before the manager came to help us. Stay away unless you have very low standards or want to be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnston26956

I want to apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to satisfy all of our guests and with you sadly we failed. We strive each and every day to ensure we have a “Clean and Friendly” environment. We want all of our guests to feel this is a home away from home. Again, my sincerest apologies and thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I got off a plane in Denver and had flood related issues that kept me from getting up the mountain to my house. I went to another Marriott property nearby that was not the least helpful to find me a room. This location immediately got me into a room late that night and made me feel very welcome.

Very quiet and comfortable room, plenty of space, extremely clean, good hot water in the shower, well appointed - and they had a good selection for breakfast.

What more could you ask for in an unplanned hotel experience!

Room Tip: you might consider the first floor so you don't have to wait for the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank M P

It was a trying time for many people throughout our lovely state. We do hope that you were able to get back in to your home without too many more setbacks. We are so glad we were able to assist you and that our team was able to accomodate your needs. Thank you for the review, and best of luck in the afterstorm.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The historic flooding in Estes Park chased us into town. We picked this location as it was the closest to alternate hiking in Evergreen and Morrison. Big room. Clean. Friendly staff. Close to highways on west side of denver so we didn't have to drive thru city to get into the Rockies. Property a tad worn but clean. Great staff means we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimvet1826

Hopefully we'll get a chance to improve that to 'Great staff - great location'! Thank you for the review. We do strive for excellence in service and always appreciate feedback, positive and negative. We're delighted that in this instance, it was positive. Thanks again, we're glad the flooding didn't ruin your trip.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews on this site and I was very pleased with the hotel. It was the "quietest" hotel I ever stayed at. Did not hear a thing from other rooms, traffic, elevators, or other guests. That was a first ever for me! The room was very clean (and I am very picky) I thought the furniture was very nice and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I smelled cigarette smoke the second morning we were there (we stayed 3 nights) and I told the staff. They were very concerned and asked that I call down immediately if I smelled it again. I could not smell it the next morning. I never smelled any cooking odors either. The breakfast was terrific. There were several special items each morning along with every other breakfast type food you can think of, juice, coffee, tea, fruit, yogurt, toasts, bagels, etc. There was a guest get together one of the nights we were there but we didn't make it. We didn't use the pool or other facilities but everything looked very nice and clean. They vacuum alot! The stairs needed vacuuming though. The location was ideal, very easy to get to high way, lots of restaurants in the area, several within walking distance, very convenient. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: second floor facing barbecue area very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ja H

Our focus here is on cleanliness and friendliness. I'm happy to hear that our team was able to accomplish this goal during your stay. I am sorry that someone did not adhere to our no smoking policy during your stay. I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Thanks again for the kind review. If your in the area again, let us know!