“Genuinely Pet Friendly!!!”

Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family and I stayed here due to all the flooding last month. We've had to stay in a lot of hotels, and it has been tough on all of us. Beds have been lumpy. People have been rude. Rooms have been small and sometimes even dirty.
Until we arrived here, The Residence Inn; it feels like a place we can actually relax and settle in, for a little while.
The room is large and well laid out for our extended stay situation. Though the furnishings are not brand new, the room was spotless and obviously well cared for! The best part is, mommy doesn't have to worry about us ruining the furniture here, YAY!!
We are on a very quiet side of the hotel where the orange ones and I can enjoy sunning ourselves in the windows as we watch squirrels and bunnies.
And I hear the beds are SUPER comfy!!!
Everyone is enjoying their stay!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SuePurrQT3-14
Daniel H, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us. As an extended stay hotel, we try to make it as much like home as we can. It can't be that much like home if you can't bring the furrier of the family members! Thank you so much for the review, we hope you won't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We are Marriott Gold Club members and have stayed at numerous Marriott properties. This hotel does not deserve to have the Marriott name on it. The rooms are in desperate of updating and the room was dirty. The bedding was old and what you would expect from a dumpy hotel. The furniture looks like something a college student would reject. We stood at the check in desk for five minutes before the manager came to help us. Stay away unless you have very low standards or want to be disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnston26956

I want to apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to satisfy all of our guests and with you sadly we failed. We strive each and every day to ensure we have a “Clean and Friendly” environment. We want all of our guests to feel this is a home away from home. Again, my sincerest apologies and thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I got off a plane in Denver and had flood related issues that kept me from getting up the mountain to my house. I went to another Marriott property nearby that was not the least helpful to find me a room. This location immediately got me into a room late that night and made me feel very welcome.

Very quiet and comfortable room, plenty of space, extremely clean, good hot water in the shower, well appointed - and they had a good selection for breakfast.

What more could you ask for in an unplanned hotel experience!

Room Tip: you might consider the first floor so you don't have to wait for the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank M P

It was a trying time for many people throughout our lovely state. We do hope that you were able to get back in to your home without too many more setbacks. We are so glad we were able to assist you and that our team was able to accomodate your needs. Thank you for the review, and best of luck in the afterstorm.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The historic flooding in Estes Park chased us into town. We picked this location as it was the closest to alternate hiking in Evergreen and Morrison. Big room. Clean. Friendly staff. Close to highways on west side of denver so we didn't have to drive thru city to get into the Rockies. Property a tad worn but clean. Great staff means we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimvet1826

Hopefully we'll get a chance to improve that to 'Great staff - great location'! Thank you for the review. We do strive for excellence in service and always appreciate feedback, positive and negative. We're delighted that in this instance, it was positive. Thanks again, we're glad the flooding didn't ruin your trip.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews on this site and I was very pleased with the hotel. It was the "quietest" hotel I ever stayed at. Did not hear a thing from other rooms, traffic, elevators, or other guests. That was a first ever for me! The room was very clean (and I am very picky) I thought the furniture was very nice and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. I smelled cigarette smoke the second morning we were there (we stayed 3 nights) and I told the staff. They were very concerned and asked that I call down immediately if I smelled it again. I could not smell it the next morning. I never smelled any cooking odors either. The breakfast was terrific. There were several special items each morning along with every other breakfast type food you can think of, juice, coffee, tea, fruit, yogurt, toasts, bagels, etc. There was a guest get together one of the nights we were there but we didn't make it. We didn't use the pool or other facilities but everything looked very nice and clean. They vacuum alot! The stairs needed vacuuming though. The location was ideal, very easy to get to high way, lots of restaurants in the area, several within walking distance, very convenient. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: second floor facing barbecue area very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ja H

Our focus here is on cleanliness and friendliness. I'm happy to hear that our team was able to accomplish this goal during your stay. I am sorry that someone did not adhere to our no smoking policy during your stay. I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience.

Thanks again for the kind review. If your in the area again, let us know!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this Residence Inn. Checked in very late at night and the person at the front desk was very professional,upbeat and extremely efficient. The breakfast was good and the rooms were kept clean and inviting. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim C

Thank you for the kind review! We are fortunate to have such a great team here and are glad we were able to accomodate your needs. Please let us know if you will be back in our area in the future. We'd love to see you again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had more problems with the male night clerk C than ever before at any hotel! While he was pleasant enough and even bordered on friendly, it was more like talking to someone who was told what to say and did not think on his own. In our opinion, he not only needed more customer service training, but training on how to treat people and to put oneself in the other person's place. We would have understood a few glitches. The clerk gave us the wrong time for breakfast and then corrected that. That we understood since their times change from weekends. When I asked about the price for doing laundry (It was empty in the laundry room, so that made it nice and fast.) I was told it is $ 1.25 but he did not say it takes only quarters, so that was an extra trip for more quarters.
Our card for the door did not work, and someone else's also did not so it seemed apparent that it was not done right since ours were not even close to anything magnetic and it was first time use, not a second or third day. We also made that know the next morning.
What really got us angry was that we booked our room more than five months ahead, but he said: "We did not make a reservation, we put in a request." I said in all other hotels it is a reservation. We had asked for a room away from elevators and ice machines, highest floor possible. Then he failed to tell us that the bed also came with a pull out sofa. We were so upset at this point that we were ready to leave. We checked our "reservation", not "request". While it was our fault that we assumed we had booked two queens, it was a double looking size and the sofa pull out, but he failed to mention that the sofa did pull out! Then when we asked if they had a king or two queens, he said " The managers say we can't upgrade, and there is only one room with two queens and you will have to pay more." When we asked to speak to a manger, he said we would have to wait until morning. Too bad he did not have the authority to make things right. They could have upgraded us to the empty room. He said it was the only room left, so it sounded like our reservation("Request" in his terms) was not held. When I said we would be calling Corporate when we returned home, he seemed not to care at all.
His customer service skills were seriously lacking,yet when we talked to the manager the next morning he kept repeating that this clerk was his star pupil. When we said, "Not for us" he just repeated it several times and then said we obviously wanted something, and he would give us 2,000 points. What we wanted was good, even average customer service and accurate information. There was a lack with us of the attitude of really wanting to make things right, more the attitude of were were after something not due us. Nice gesture but we will NOT return to this particular Marriott. My husband at the beginning joked that we brought along our pet moose, and the clerk said: "Then you will need a room on the first floor". At least there was some humor involved in his thinking we had something like a dog.
The reason we gave an average instead of poor was that even though the clerk basically did not care and was far from alert the breakfast and property were decent in several ways. However: The pool clock was one hour ahead, the laundry clocked had stopped, there was no bath mat to put in the tub so it was slippery. When we brought that up the manager said one could request one, but I said by the time one is getting ready to step in as I was..my husband also talked to him so at that point he said he would check into putting a little note to let people know one is available. There was a sign not to turn the a/c below 68, but it was not cool at 68.
We usually are very happy with our hotel experiences and easy to please, but this time was the worst exception we have experienced in years of travel.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room as high up as possible and away from elevators, ice machines and noise. We...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Residence Inn Lakewood. I truly appreciate all feedback and opinions of every one of our guests. I did want to inform you that our front desk agent did exactly what he was supposed to do that evening. He is one of the BEST associates I have ever seen when it comes to taking care of our guests. This particular front desk agent also has many references in our TripAdvisor reviews and even his name in titles due to the customer service he has provided during a guest’s stay.

I’m very sorry you needed a room with two beds when you booked our standard room. A room request cannot always be honored if it is not available within the hotel. Since we could not fulfill your request and you wanted a room with 2 beds, our front desk agent did take the time to see if he could move your reservation to the Courtyard by Marriott hotel, directly across our parking lot. This hotel had rooms with 2 beds, but this offer was declined. Also, our only room with 2 Queen beds, the two-bedroom suite, is rarely available for a free upgrade as we have a limited supply. With only having 1 of these rooms available at 7pm that evening, we certainly will still need to charge the required premium for this room. As you noted above, the reservation you made was for a room with only 1 queen bed.

In the end, I was glad to see that our front desk agent was able to honor all of your additional requests by giving you a room on the top floor, away from the elevator and ice machine for your stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for the hotel. I’m sorry you felt our front desk agent did not provide good customer service, I can understand that any associate on any day can have a bad day, but knowing the individual and the fact that I was approached that following morning by a Marriott Platinum guest, who was present during the interaction and who informed me he should be commended for the way he handled this encounter, really confirms he is a "star pupil".

Dan Harwood