“Great place for a business traveler”

Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Lakewood
Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
“Great place for a business traveler”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I got this hotel when I did a name your own price on Priceline, and it was a great hotel for the business I had to conduct. Nice to have the big King Size Bed and a kitchen even though it was just me traveling for business. Great staff, very helpful and friendly

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel and giving us such a nice review. Our property is at a great location for many business travelers. I'm so glad our staff took great care of you and that our room provided you with great comfort. Thank you again and we hope you choose us again the next time you travel for business!

Regards,

Dan Harwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room seemed a bit dated, but it does have a stovetop in it, so you can cook your own meals if staying for a while. The front desk staff are super and provide great customer service. The breakfast staff and the social hour staff are very friendly and accommodating. It was clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the nice review! Our kitchens do make our rooms comfortable for the long term stay guest. I'm very glad you enjoyed our breakfast and took notice of our clean and friendly hotel! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we can see you again soon!

Westbrook, Connecticut
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband is a gold member and we were not too happy with our room on the first floor. A bit noisy, the sink was clogged and the closet doors fell off their track. Overall, the breakfast was fine and the front desk friendly but the room fell short of expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! As a Gold Member of the Marriott Rewards Program, we truly appreciate your loyaly. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast & friendly front desk. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your room. We take great pride in having everything in working order during a guest's stay. Please know that if you ever encounter an issue with your room, please contact the front desk for assistance. Our maintenance manager is one of the best in the business and would be more than happy to correct any issues. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope you'll visit us again soon!

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed July 27, 2013

When we first got here the property was exactly as I expected. Front desk staff helpful and cheerful, clean property, etc., but once we were in the room we realized the walls are paper thin. The people above us have a toddler and we can hear every footstep of adults and child. Conversational voices from an open door across the hall drift right into our room. And worst yet, I can hear the people next door talking to each other in low voices. I have stayed in many Marriott properties all over the country and never experienced anything like this. I find myself whispering to my husband because I know our neighbors can hear us. ... Please Lord, do not strike the neighbors with romantic notions. I don't think I can take it.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor so at least you can't hear people above you!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bugs4cy
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm very happy to hear that our hotel mission of being, "clean & friendly" was well noticed during your stay at the Residence Inn. I'm very sorry to hear that you felt our walls were "paper thin". I do apologize for any disturbances you may have encountered with the noise during your stay. Some noises, like a crying baby or barking dog, will most likely be heard if your room is positioned near these rooms. If you ever encounter any noise issues, please feel free to contact our front desk so we may investigate the situation. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful stay!

Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel allows dogs and every morning the dog next door started barking at 5 am. The rooms were comfortable and the kitchen area was fine for us. The day management was friendly and helpful during our entire stay. The night desk staff needs training on how to treat guest. I would stay there again if dogs were not allowed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Keith W
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of your current stay. I'm very sorry to hear a dog was barking in the early morning during your stay. We are one of the very
few "pet-friendly" hotels in the area, which is a very nice feature for those guests traveling with their family and pets.

The Residence Inn Denver SW/Lakewood does have one of the best front desk teams in the country, for both the morning and evening. We are currently ranked in the top 7% of Residence Inns for overall Staff Service. I'm sorry you feel our night front desk staff needs additional training on how to treat a guest, as I am well aware of the situation you are referencing. To ensure the safety and security of all of our guests, our team is well trained on all hotel policies and all policies must be enforced. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

I truly do hope you and your softball team had a great time and a great tournament! Best of luck on the future season and hope to see your team next year!

Regards,

Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this property. This time I stayed in the two-bedroom suite with a kitchen. It's spacious, furniture is pretty battered. The staff is extremely friendly and they do a very good job serving breakfast especially with a lot of people. As was they case with us because there were multiple sports teams staying there. I really want to like this property, but their mattresses are like mush. I just can't sleep on a bed like this and I won't stay there again because of it. Some money spent to upgrade the furniture and beds would be a good investment for this property. Also I need to mention that the walls are very thin. Noises above and in neighboring rooms can all be heard.

Room Tip: Recommend room at the end of the hallway or on the top floor to avoid the noise. Even average walkin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lori K
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for the honest review. I'm terribly sorry you felt our bed mattresses were like "mush". I understand how difficult of a time it can be to sleep on a mattress that is different to what you are used to. We try and accomodate any guests needs that we can if you find yourself not getting a good night's rest. We do have bed boards and foam mattress tops for guests if you find our mattresses are too soft or too hard. I'm really happy to hear our staff was extremely friendly during your stay. We take great pride in our guest service scores. Thank you again and I truly hope to see you again at our property!
Ouarzazate, Morocco
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in Denver for training and this hotel was in walking distance from our training site. Also within walking distance were several restaurants, The suite I was in had a full kitchen, although I mainly just used the refrigerator. Oh and when the wind blew hard, the window made a whistling sound. I am not used to any light or sounds at night, so that sort of bothered me, as did the sound of the heater and the refrigerator. BUT the room was very nicely decorated, had a large TV, comfortable furniture and a nice large vanity area. The free breakfast was not to my liking, but lots of my colleagues enjoyed it. For me, it was just oatmeal and juice...

Room Tip: try to get a corner room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. I'm glad you and your colleagues enjoyed their stay. I'm sorry the window made a whistling sound when the wind blew hard. I'm glad you did like the other aspects of your room. I hope you truly enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again next time your company has a conference in the Lakewood area.