Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Four U Motel(Englewood)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desklaundry facilitiesevening receptionred rocksrooms were very cleanwould stay here againfull kitchencomfy bedfree breakfastgreat customer serviceindoor poolupon checkwest sideconvenient locationbedroomalmadenver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

A long-term stay of 3 full weeks means that my expectations are very different than a normal couple of nights and so for the most part, I'm giving this hotel a thumbs up. The issues that would have brought the rating down were really due to my company and the length of my stay, not the hotel so I wanted to hold off. My stay was during September and into mid-October and what I remember most is that the housekeeping staff ALWAYS smiled and said hello, the lady at breakfast was outstanding with her smiles and checking on me, once notified of a very huge billing issue the staff bent over backwards to apologize to our group and make it right, but most of all I will remember that I felt "at home" in general and so that really says a lot about this hotel. I had a 1 bedroom with a door between the living area and bed so I had a small dresser in the sleeping area that the suite rooms did not. For a night or two this wouldn't be an issue but for any longer than that, drawer space would pose a problem. The workout room is very small but the treadmills were new and sufficient. The area is quiet and there's no traffic noise. The breakfast is better than most standard freebies and the manager's reception in the evenings was nice to have whether eating or not. I was with a large group for a long time stay so we pretty much took over the lobby, even on non-reception evenings, with our own crockpots and food - the staff was WONDERFUL about this and really encouraged us to use the lobby as our own living room. That was very much appreciated. My one big complaint would be that the door into the lobby doesn't stay open which isn't a problem is you just have a couple bags but when you're moving in for almost a month it's definitely a pain! Overall I have very fond memories of the hotel, staff, and Denver during the beautiful Fall.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa H
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

I truly appreciate the kind and sincere review! I do remember your group and I'm so glad we were able to solve your issues in the beginning. We are so glad that you felt "at home" during your stay. This truly is our goal for our extended stay guests as we know it is difficult being away from friends and family. I truly hope to see you and your group again soon! Thank you again and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Property located in a nice suburb of Denver. Lobby and breakfast area were clean and attractive. The 2 bedroom unit was had was used and abused. Kitchen cabinets were old and worn, blackout lining of all the curtains were torn and stapled back together. Couch and carpet was stained.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingFamily416
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay in our two-bedroom suite. I'm sorry the room appeared to have been abused during your stay. We generally have long-term stay families in our two-bedroom suites and we always steam clean the carpets and furniture after their departure to ensure a clean product. I will make sure we are doing a better job in the future. Thank you again for the honest feedback as we are always looking to improve our services!

Regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a very typical Residence Inn with very good customer service. The hotel isn't really located in that great of a location for business travel unless it is near what you need to be near. The fact that it is an older hotel is more than made up for by the quality of the customer service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We truly do take pride in our customer satisfaction and I'm glad you took the time to mention it. I truly believe we have some of the best staff members working in hospitality, who want to ensure each and every guest enjoys his or her stay.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Nice:
Rooms are comfortable with little kitchens and nice sitting area. Adequate electrical plugins for all the electronics. Two treadmills and an eliptical machine in workout room. Nice breakfast every morning with fresh fruit, waffles, cereals, and 3 or 4 hot choices.
I'll agree that the front desk is very friendly, always greeting you when you walk by. Cameron goes out of his way to even light the bbq for us besides offering a smile and advice on where to go.
Not so nice:
Some billing issues that got tiresome and manager got testy about instead of working to resolve in a professional manner,

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rdweary
Dan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

rdweary,

Thank youf for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Denve Southwest/Lakewood. Our hotel takes great pride in our customer service and Cameron is at the top of the list. He truly is a great ambassador for our hotel. I'm extremely sorry to hear about the billing disputes at our hotel. I'm even more alarmed that one of our leadership members became "testy" during your interaction. I will be having a discussion with our team about this review as we did not fully live our mission in being the friendliest hotel. Thank you again and I do hope we see you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a queen one bedroom suite last weekend, family of four. We love staying in this type of accommodation so my husband and I can have our own room, with a door! The kitchen was well stocked although we did not do any cooking. Freezer had an ice maker which was nice. Hotel slightly older, and fairly certain our room had been a smoking room previously, lingering odor, although the entire property is non-smoking now. We used the pool and hot tub, and took advantage of breakfast both mornings. The staff throughout was friendly and helpful; the lady taking care of the breakfast was particularly nice! Overall, perfect stay, and the basketball court in front is a fun addition-the front desk loaned us a ball.

• Stayed: August 2012

Outtadodge67,

Thank you for the positive review! The staff at the Denver Southwest/ Lakewood Residence Inn live the mission of being the friendliest hotel! I'm certainly pleased to hear you were able to see this in full force during your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Denver area!

Sincereely,